08

TRIGGER WARNING

TRIGGER WARNING

Brief mention of panic attack and slight derogatory self-talk.

Please learn to love yourself. Know that you are loved no matter your fears and what you think you know. But if you have no one to tell you right now, I will. I love you. 🖤

"Daddy," Jinyu sniffed, close to tears as she approached the table that her dad was seated at.

He stood from said table, giving a sad smile and opening his arms up for a hug. "Why are you crying? I didn't raise a crybaby," Jinyu gave a weak punch and tried collecting herself to not make a scene in the restaurant.

"Because I'm glad to see you stop bullying me."

They sat at the table her dad was originally at. "I already ordered something for both of us because I didn't want you to wait. Is tteok-bokki okay?"

"Yes, thank you," She sighed. "How are you?"

Enyu sighed, shrugging. "It's Spring, I could be better but the pollen is getting really intense. You? Came back with a different tongue?"

Jinyu smiled softly. "I had to. Now I've got an accent for sure. Changing environments like this is really stressful."

"Well, you're going to have to get used to that," Enyu chuckled at Jinyu's slightly confused face as he took out his phone and opened up his emails.

Sliding his phone to Jinyu, he just decided to allow her to read the email without saying a word. And towards the end of it, Jinyu's jaw had already dropped. "When is the trip?"

"Next year mid-June. Care to come with me?"

Jinyu stood and went around the table to give her dad a hug. "Congratulations, you deserve it. And I do really want to go, but you know my semester at uni begins already. I don't want to miss anything." She whined, playing with her chopsticks childishly.

Enyu hummed thoughtfully. "I know. Awful timing, but Europe? I know for a fact that you'll find so many interesting things that you're going to fall in love with there. Help me out a bit with all the English?" He was trying to do his best with negotiating something. But Jinyu was a tough cookie. She cared a lot about her academics. Maybe too much at times.

"I'm almost certain that I will never want to come back if I do go and I do want to help communicating. I really don't want to miss university, but right now all I see is the Eiffel Tower."

"I couldn't sleep the night I got the email. I couldn't stop rereading it either. It all felt so unreal."

Jinyu could only imagine being in his place. Offered an entire trip to Europe for two weeks for a major meeting. She was so proud of him. He worked really hard building up his business even though there were multiple reasons to give up.