Avni

The previous day had been very tiring for her. She had been looking forward to finish all her pending cases and return to her country. She had helped many people in New York. Now it was time to do something for her own country. She wanted to help her people find justice and happiness.

Even though she was scared out of her mind as to what she would have to face when she got back, she excited to meet up with her family. Her Neela ma. Aman. Nanno. Ali. Papaji. Mummyji. Bebe. DD. And to see HIM of course.

Neela ma never spoke to her about Neel. The only thing she knew was that Neel and Juhi never got married. Neela ma had told her that after her numerous attempts to ask about the wedding preparations. She only knew that they weren't together. Why..... she had no idea.

This gave her a weird sense of happiness. She had never trusted Juhi enough, and where she didn't deserve Neel, Juhi was far from being perfect for him. She wanted Neel to be happy after all. For her, his happiness mattered over everything else. She had loved him ever since she got to know him and would love him until her last breath. She was his even if he wasn't hers.

When she was done packing, she wore her overcoat and set out on a walk. On the way, she bought herself a Latté and a few cookies. As she sipped her coffee, her thoughts wandered to Neel. He loved drinking coffee. She couldn't help but smile when she remembered how he relished the bitter-sweet drink.

When she looked down, she saw that she had spilled some of her Latté on the overcoat. "Offo! Tum bhi na Avni!" Neel's voice rang in her ears. She laughed at her own stupidity.

Just as she sipped the last of her coffee, she found herself in front of her law firm. Everyone greeted her as she stepped in. She gave them a polite nod before walking off to her cubicle. As she took her seat, she was reminded of just how similar this room was to Neel's cabin back at the Police Station. After settling in New York, she had craved for some familiarity and so, subconsciously, had her cubicle made in the same style as Neel's.

Now when she sat here, she realised just how relaxed she felt here. Even her appartment was the same in infrastructure as the Bachelor Pad. Just as beautifully decorated. She had also put up their pictures after getting them printed from her phone.

It had taken her a lot of time to learn cooking. She missed Neela ma's food. Also the time when Neela ma had cooked for Neel and had practically pushed her out to take take it with her . She remembered the childlike happiness on his face when he found that the meal included his favourite Okra. It was those moments she missed the most. Their obvious yet oblivious attachment to each other was the sweetest part of their relationship. When the only thing they had to be worried about was Dayavanti Mehta and Mummyji's tricks to one up her.

Mummyji. She hadn't been able to spend time with her. At first, it had been Mummyji's obvious disliking for her. But then, when they had started anew, the whole Juhi fiasco ruined it.she wanted to have good relationship with her mother-in-law but couldn't because Juhi had a freaking child! Who was Neel's daughter no less! She hated Juhi for doing this to them. She had effectively thrown a wrench between the two of them. But then, it wasn't her fault either.

A knock interrupted her train of thought. "Yes?" She asked. "Ma'am your tickets have been confirmed. You are checked in successfully. You will receive your boarding pass at the counter." "Okay Camilla. Thank you."

It was time to go back to Mumbai, her home. The voice in her head completed her thought. And to HIM.