08 | notes

I forgot to take the notes from Theo at school and the test was just a night away

Josh wasn't at home either. Safari couldn't teach me algebra. The answers I had written made no sense to me. Every time I opened the book, every word seemed to be running after the other. I was pacing the living room, biting my lower lip and sometimes my nails. I was sure I had lost my mind. 

Then, I heard a ring, and it wasn't from the door. Now, I was a hundred percent positive that I had gone crazy. My brain had given up on me too. Safari barked at the table and no matter how many times I ignored him, he kept barking.

"What?" I yelled.

His ears drooped and he barked once more, trying to reach my phone on the table with one paw.

"My phone's ringing!" I exclaimed, finally understanding my dog. "Forgive me, Safari. I'm a bad person. Forgive my mistake."

Hurriedly, I picked up the phone. Some unknown person was calling. With some hesitation, I picked it.

"Thank God someone picked up," the male on the other side sighed. "Is this Aldora's number?"

"Yes," I replied almost recognizing those dulcet tones.

"I'm Theo," he told.  My phone was on the verge of slipping from my hands but I had recognized his voice. How could I not recognize his voice anyway? My heart was erratic again.

"I asked for your number from Zoe, I hope you didn't mind," he clarified. "Am I interrupting something? Were you busy?"

"No," I replied, which didn't sound convincing at all. But freaking out didn't count as being busy, I'm sure.

"I'm sorry," he excused himself. "I should have handed you my notes at school, but I was late due to Doomi, and you were gone by the time he stopped wasting my time. I'm really sorry."

"It's alright," I told him. Hearing him apologize made me feel bad. I didn't know Doomi either, so I could not imagine what exact situation he was in.

"I was wondering if I could hand them over to you now if you don't mind. I can come to your home."

"I don't want to waste your time, T-theo," I stuttered. 

"You don't waste my time, Aldora," he stated with ease. "Besides, I'm kinda inviting myself," he sounded uncomfortable now, "but I can tell you some tricks for quickly solving the questions and acing tomorrow's test."

"Alright," I said rather boldly. "I'll send my location."

"Great."

"Thank you, Theo."

"My pleasure, Aldora."

As soon as he hung up, another round of freaking out began. Only this time I used it productively and made the house presentable. The doorbell rang sooner than I expected. After clearing my throat, straightening my shirt, and patting over my heart, I opened the door.