𝒫𝑅𝒪𝐿𝒪𝒢𝒰𝐸

PROLOGUEKatherine McNamara as Alexandria Mikaelson

PROLOGUE
Katherine McNamara as Alexandria Mikaelson

"You don't need an apology in order to forgive. Sometimes you just need to move on because you owe it to yourself. And once you do, whatever it is remains in the past and it is incapable of holding the same power over you that it once did. -Alexandria Mikaelson

       STEFAN SALVATORE HAD SPENT HIS SUMMER forcefully accompanying the Original Hybrid on his adventurous intention of creating more of his breed

       STEFAN SALVATORE HAD SPENT HIS SUMMER forcefully accompanying the Original Hybrid on his adventurous intention of creating more of his breed. Being half-vampire and half-werewolf, Niklaus Mikaelson was the only one of his kind. Building an army of hybrids was the first thing on his to-do list; in fact, it was his priority, and he would sacrifice almost anything for it. He sought the first opportunity to break the curse that his mother had placed on him more than one thousand years ago and constitute more of his species because he feared to be alone for eternity. All Niklaus had known as being different and being looked down upon because of it. This was the hope he had for something different, and he was not about to let the fact that his witch was killed get in the way of that.

In a warehouse in Chicago, Stefan was pacing back and forth, knowing that he had taken care of the present problem, but there was one thing that he could not ignore. After having his memories from the 1920's return, he kept thinking of the way they had left things. He wondered why Klaus felt the need to compel him to forget everything and why a man was looking for Klaus and Rebekah specifically. He could not wrap his head around the fact that there was someone out there that scared Klaus, the Original Hybrid that could not be killed. He stopped to admire the coffins that held Klaus's daggered siblings. His hands brushed against the lid of the coffin that had physically stuck out the most. It was polished rose gold with golden designed interior. It was much more different than the other dusty brown ones. Maybe that was why he had felt so drawn to it.

He unconsciously held his breath as he opened the lid to reveal a blonde Original. If it were not for the dagger in her chest and the grey color upon her face, he would have assumed she was peacefully sleeping. She was beautiful, that much he was able to tell. She had been wearing a white long-sleeved collared dress shirt under a red and blue plaid dress matched with white flats. Stefan instantly placed them from the style of the early 1960s. The way she dressed allowed Stefan's mind to wonder the way she presented herself. Her hair had been done in tight curls that reached her mid-chest. Her makeup was done naturally. However, the mascara she was wearing enhanced her long lashes, the highlight enhanced the near-perfect symmetry of her facial structure, and her cherry lips still drew his attention. Perfect and plump, he could imagine kissing them as if she was sleeping beauty, and he was her soulmate. At that moment, he almost felt compelled to pull the dagger out of her chest.