𝒪𝒩𝐸

CHAPTER ONEFREE AS A BIRDS3 E5: The Reckoning

CHAPTER ONE
FREE AS A BIRD
S3 E5: The Reckoning

"You made an accusation before you even met me. That was your first mistake. Never make an assumption about me based on my siblings. I guarantee that you will be wrong about me because I am nothing like any of my siblings, as I am sure you are nothing like your brother. I think it's pitiful that you can't bring yourself to sit down, have a conversation, and make up your own mind about me. Or do the Salvatore brothers keep you on that short of a leash?" -Alexandria Mikaelson

 Or do the Salvatore brothers keep you on that short of a leash?" -Alexandria Mikaelson

7TH SEPTEMBER 2010

       AS NIKLAUS DECIDED THAT REVISITING MYSTIC FALLS was a reasonable attempt to find out what Stefan had been hiding from him, he left Rebekah to babysit Stefan as he recovered from his tenth broken neck of the day. The anger-filled hybrid had been breaking Stefan's neck all day due to his betrayal. Alexandria remained in her coffin as the color returned to her skin, and she slowly came back to the land of the living. Her rose-golden coffin laid right next to Stefan's temporarily dead body. Rebekah crossed her arms over her chest, looking at the nightly view from the truck that was parked outside of Mystic High, the doppelganger's high school, as she patiently waited for what she recognized as her ex-lover to regain consciousness. The sound of groans brought the Original Vampire's attention to the revival of the younger vampire.

Rebekah turned to acknowledge the vampire squirming around as he regained his strength. "Oh, he lives." She stated as Stefan took in his surroundings, unaware of what had happened and where they were.

"What happened?" He asked as his eyes curiously studied his surroundings. He acknowledged the fact that he had woken up from a broken neck on the back of a truck. Almost immediately, his eyes detected the rose-gold coffin that he remembered so well. He could see from the corner of his eye that Klaus brought his other siblings as well, although his gaze never bothered to depart from the polished beauty.

"You took a beating. My brother's been breaking your neck all afternoon. Quite the temper." Rebekah informed the young vampire. He finally shifted his gaze to the Original Vampire and the familiar background. His mind instantly thought of Elena. Klaus could not have known that she was still alive, or so he hoped.