Bonding time. (Subaru)

Subaru took me up too his room and opened up the door and I had to even admit to myself that the room was well off for a child his age. But living in this mansion with a rich father would have to have some perks. Where most with a rich outcome have tv's, gaming stations, the newest toys and games. Subaru just had books and a lot of them with the occasional baord game sitting upon his shelf. There was a small hcets sitting in the corner by a little desk where I assume the children do their school work and a little bed was in the middle of the back wall. The large windows show over the garden and he had probably the best view in the home. Subaru looked nervous but also excited to have me all to himself here in his room to play with him. Being the youngest out of the six children with no true blood brothers must have taken a bit of a toll on his mind. Knowing that he was the last to come always unlike Shu who would have everything handed to him for being the oldest. I have seen this before to many times to even count the children and kids I have goneto school with and have lived next to.  Those children had the world hit them hard and it was amusing to see but the part of me that felt pity said other wise.

"I don't have as much as the others do." I heard Subaru say sheepishly. His cheeks held a small tint of pink in them and I could not help myself and smile at him. A small giggle left my lips before I could stop it and I knelt down beside him.

"Everyone has nothing or not a lot in there lives. Be it the richest king to the poorest child out on the street. We can make due with what you have here or if I can get the permission of your mother or father I would gladly take you out to the store and but you a new toy. I will do that with you guys. I may set up a good boy point system with sweets and toys. Have so many and I will treat you to a day out. Just the two of us if I am allowed with you guys and if you enjoy my company that much." I said sweetly trying to get him to be happy once more.  A bright and happy smile was placed on his face and he basically threw himself into my body, his little arms wrapping around my neck.  I have made him happy. He released my shoulders and looked back at me before running to grab what I believe was his favortie board game.

The box was all to familiar to me as I looked at it. Sorry! I game I played so many times as a child with my mother. "A few pieces are mising but I think that is ok. I have all the blue and the red pieces!" He said happily before placing the pieces on their little home circle. "Blue or red? I'll let you pick first." He said placing the cards on the repected place.

"Why not red. It's my favorite color." Subaru seemed to brighten up much more as he began to bounce in his sitting postion slightly. I was kneeling and sitting on my feet and he was making the same sitting pose as me. "Maybe we should get a few sweets to enjoy while we play the game, don't you think so too?" I asked.

His smile faded slightly before he replied. "Father does not like us to have food in our rooms unless we are grounded and we eat dinner up here alone." I smiled at him and gave a small giggle.

"Then we should make sure no one knows now then." Subaru was more than happy to help me go to the kitchen where Cordelia was with a few of the cook staff. Her voice could be heard yelling in the halls as she was screaming about something she was given. Probably tea or a pastry. Subaru had grabbed my hand as I could see the yelling had scared him slightly. I pushed open the door giving his hand a small squeeze and something went flying to my head. Subaru had buried his face into my leg. Cordelia had looked angered to a bit shocked as she thought it was another cook staff to come in the doors and not me.

"Oh. Its you. I'm very sorry about that. The cup had slipped from my hand. The cook had given me a very bad cup of tea and needed a scolding. Are you not with the kids?" She asked me after the look of embarassment left her face.

"The others are doing their own things and I promsied each on a day with me so I could know them better and if they are still scared or nervous to get close to me that the fear will disappear. I have started with Subaru and he is beside me, Miss Cordelia. We are getting ready to play a few games and decided that a little snack would be approprite for the time we are together. Don;t you think so too?" I asked after giving a small explanation. She was not shocked but instead a bit disgusted.

"I think you will find my boys better than that Christa's. But you do you my dear." She said while leaving the kitchen with frightened staff. Subaru had picked up his head and looked at me with a small frown.

"Ignore that bub. She did not mean it and if we stand here thinking about it we won't get to play." The smile returned as he ran over and politely asked the cook for a few sweets a kind I had never seen before but I assumed was a fruit struddle. We walked back to his room with him carrying the plate and I the cups of tea on a small tray. The rest of the day was filled with playing many rounds of Sorry! and laughter as he began to tell me stories about many things. His brother and parents and even a few he had made up on his own. Either way they earned a smile or a laugh from me. Dinner was different as I was sitting with the entire family and it felt awkward. I even felt the need to ask to eat in the kitchen. But Karl Heinz insisted that I sit down and eat with them as part of their family. I did as told and was seated between Ayato and Laito in order to stop them from throwing food at each other but they remained calm during dinner. Probably Suabru told them about the good boy system I was thinking about setting up.

After that Subaru practically dragged me back to his room to contiue playing. He had jumped from his bed a few times and I had caught him in the air and ran around like he was a plane. I felt that I was more of a big sister to him in the moment as I smiled loveingly to that little boy that was yawing in my arms. The night had come faster than I had thought and I carried him over to his bed. His little smiling sleepy face was the best thing I had seen all day and I pulled the curtains up over his shoulders and blew out the candle that was lighting the room up.