Painful Scars and Mended Wounds (Kaldur x Reader)

Hey guys this one was requested by Fandom_Princess_21 so I hope you enjoy!

Peaceful

Happy

Kind

These were the aspects of the relationship you had with Kaldur. That is...until he left. Then all you could feel was just...

Betrayal

You felt like the whole world was against you. Shortly after he left to join his father, your own father died. You were devastated and your mother ceased working, talking, eating, everything. It seemed like she just stared into the distance until you started to feed her by force.

She denied all contact from other family and refused to leave the house or even open a window. Mostly she just sat in her room, hugging dad's pillow. You got a job and took over every household chore. You were the provider now.

Eventually it was too much for your mom to handle and she died of despair. You were left alone in the world with only your uncle Barry and the team to help you. Wally was always there for you. He was like the brother you never had, but... all you could think about was Kaldur. It seems like right when you needed him the most...he abandoned you.

A few days after your mother's death you insisted on helping the team take down Kaldur and Black Manta against the recommendation of Batman and the rest of the Young Justice team.
When you went on that mission, Artemis was lost. They knew she was rusty because she had been gone for so long, but no one expected her to be taken from the world that day.

You felt horrible for Wally. You knew he would be devastated when he found out. But, something was wrong. He wasn't devastated. Not even sad. He acted like it but that's just it. Acted. You knew he loved her so why wasn't he upset? You decided to confront him the next day at home.

"Wally." You snapped at him instead of sounding calm as you had hoped you would be.

"Yeah?" He turned to you innocently obviously not understanding why you were mad. Your uncle was standing next to him so you had to get Wally away.

"Talk. My room. Now." You commanded and stomped off.

You stood at the door of your room and waited for Wally to walk in before slamming the door shut behind him.

"What's going on, Wally?" You ask roughly but honestly.

"What do you mean?" He plays innocent.

"Artemis is dead but your not even sad about it just...worried. Why?" You cross your arms and wait for a response.

"I dont know what you're talking about." again with the innocent act.

"DON'T LIE TO ME WALLY!" I yell at him, "I've been through too much this past month I deserve an answer!"

He backs away slightly, "I can't tell you." He says.

"What do you mean you can't tell me?!" I get angrier.

"It'll jeopardize the mission I'm sorry." He tells me and tries to leave.

"Wait," I stick my arm out in front of him, "What do you mean you can't tell me?! What mission?! What are you talking about?!"

"I can't tell you!" His turn to get angry, "Just drop it!"

"Except I won't!" I yell again.

The yelling goes back and forth for a couple of minutes until Barry comes in to break it up. I shove both of them out of my room slamming the door in their faces. Tears prick the corners of my eyes as I sit on my bed. What's so big that he cant trust me?