Chapter 2

I kiss Stacey goodbye on her cheek.

"If you need anything come find me. Promise?"

Stacey, looking like her face is painted in green, manages to say, "Promise," and off she goes in to her classroom.

Music starts to fill in my ears and I wonder where that music is coming from. Glancing around me, I find where the music is coming from but then I feel a vibration coming from my bag. Oh, my phone. Shaking my head at myself, I pick it up from my bag and check the caller I.D. Ana.

"Talk to me."

"Hey Maggie, where are you?"

"School now. Why?"

"Then how come you're not in class?"

"Because I am not a nerd like you," I tease while walking my way to Room 129. It is where we will be having Homeroom and English with the same teacher.

"Nerd? Me? You have higher grades than me! Whatever. Just get your butt here while Mrs. Jefferson isn't here yet."

"Okay. I'm on my way Your Highness," I tease again.

I hear a laugh at the other end. "Great. The red carpet I set for you is waiting for you now," she teases back.

"Really?" I have made it to Room 129 and the door is open. Students inside chatting, sitting on their desks, doing things they're not allowed to when the teacher is present.

"Uh-huh."

I pause in the middle front of the class. Not embarrassed because everyone's doing their own thing I'm not even sure if they know I'm here already. "Then how come I'm stepping on white tiles instead of a red carpet?" I ask with my other hand on my waist. Giving Ana, who spots me immediately and who's currently in shock that I have made it to this room fast, an I'm-A-Star-Where-Is-My-Red-Carpet look.

"Come over here you!" Ana says the second she got out of shock and puts her phone down to wave at me.

I walk towards her, a big smile on my face. We kiss each other on both cheeks and I catch the scent of her perfume as I lean in to her. "I missed you," Ana says as she flips her blonde hair to the back and while I pull away from her then I take the seat on her right.

"I'm here now so fill me up with some news!"

"Okay so I met this boy in a candle shop," she starts.

I can't help but interrupt. "Candle shop? Wow that's exciting," I say sarcastically.

She rolls her crystal blue eyes at me. "Do you want to hear the story or not?"

“No, I want to hear the story of that blue dress you are wearing right now.”

She rolls her eyes at me again.

I laugh at her. "Sorry, sorry. Yes, I want to hear the story."

So she continues her candle shop story...

"So that's pretty much all. How about you? Any boy action lately?"

"You mean stalking hot Hollywood men in the internet 24/7? Yes. Boy action all summer. All day, every day."

"You seriously need a life. Well, a man in particular."

"You don't need a man if you can search Channing Tatum and Zac Efron's shirtless photos in the internet."

"Well, I can't argue with that." We burst in to laughter and we continue our stories.

While we're in the middle of laughing at each other's jokes, the class comes into a hush. As if all their mouths were taken off of their faces all at the same time. A woman wearing a pink blouse and black slacks enters the room. The roots of her hair are beginning to whiten. She stops before her desk and takes a half turn to look at her class. Seeing that she made the whole class quiet with just her entering the room, she puts on a devilish grin that makes me roll my eyes.