Chapter Four

CHAPTER FOUR:

What torments Phoebe's soul is its loneliness. The more it expands among friends and the daily habits or pleasures, the more, it seems to her, it flees her and retires into its fortress. But maybe, just maybe, one day all of this will change, and maybe she will get to live a life she always wanted, a normal one.

It was unfair that she has to cope with her anxiety and depression every single day, she wanted to end it. But she was getting on well with Felix even though they never spoke before which is really frustrating.

Phoebe decided to make an attempt to become more social, try to hang out with friends and live her life.

After a couple of visits to the bookstore, she became close to Derek. They would talk about their favorite books and friendly insult authors for killing their favorite characters for hours, until it is sunset and Phoebewould go home.

One day, she woke up and got ready and headed to the bookstore. She found Mrs Helen instead of Derek.

"Hey, Mrs Helen." Phoebemuttered because the bookstore was full of people reading. "How are you?"

"oh hey dear, I'm okay." Answered Mrs Helen with a smile.

Phoebe took another glance at the place. "The place is full, but I don't see Derek anywhere."

Mrs Helen replied with a smirk: "I gave Derek a day off. I've been pushing him around too much lately." She said that with the smirk fading from her face. "I think he deserves a rest."

As soon as she finished her sentence, Derek came in from the backdoor and said with a grin while he was buttoning his sleeve-shirt: "talking about me?"

Mrs Helen turned to him and said: "Yes, actually. Your new friend here was asking about you." Then she turned to Phoebe and winked at her. Phoebe blushed and showed a shy smile.

Derek turned his glance to Phoebe and added:" Miss me?"

"Take it easy, bad boy." Phoebe answered jokingly.

Derek laughed and said: "I was actually about to call you. Mum gave me a day off so I figured it was a chance to change the routine, and spend the day together in a place other then the bookstore."

Phoebe smiled and said: "Well, I have no plans for today anyway. So, I'm in."

"Grand." He responded and then he waved his hand to the door with a little bow. "After you, Milady."

Phoebe walked besides him and punched him slightly on his arm and said with a laugh: "You're so pretentious."

He looked up to her and said with a smile: "No one wants to be pretentious about what they do because that is just odd."