Chapter threepig - The Meeting

All the animals were to report to the barn for an emergency meeting.  They had all received very specific instructions from the old gossip-loving sparrow that lingered around the farm for food, and would deliver messages for some bread. "Come to the barn immediately," she said, "and don't bring Andreas".  They had nothing better to do with their lives, so they did.  

*******************************

There was a lot of chatter in the barn when Minty walked inside - a series of moos and neighs and animals shouting over the top of each other.  As soon as she stepped in, silence filled the room.  

Madame Hooof cut straight to the chase.  "I have recently had a vision", she announced, and everyone groaned, heading for the door.  "A horrible vision," she cried, louder than before.  Marg gasped and Edna, being a sheep, copied her.  "It is about Andreas - Andreas da pig!" she moo-cried, spraying glitter everywhere. Where did she get it from??? "It has come to my attention that our barnyard buddy is not a pig at all - something else entirely!" This time, everyone gasped. 

This called a whole new level of chatter in the barnyard:

"He's a wild boar, isn't he?"

"I knew all along he was a werepig"

"I told that pig he was a duck since the day I met him!"

"SILENCE!!! LET MADAME HOOOF SPEAK!" The old cow cleared her throat. "It has come to my attention that our beloved piggy pal is an . . . unpig ," her voice lowered as she said it, as though the word were something sinister.  

Marg screeched, bringing out a garlic garland from who-knows-where, throwing a silver powder over her shoulder and doing a strange dance-like movement.  "I KNEW IT!!!" she neigh-sobbed, "WHATEVER SHALL WE DO?!"

Everyone was confused.  "What the q***k is an unpig?"

"Unpigs," said the frantic mare, her voice a hoarse whisper, "- nefarious shapeshifters that have weaselled their way above the earth. Created from the greed, despair and blood spilt long ago. Dangerous beings that should never come into our world."

DUN DUN DUUUNNNNN.