Chapter-19

It was Saturday night.....when Manik called Nandini...

Manik: hii Nandini....

Nandini: hello...(uninterestedly)

Manik : hey everything alright...? You are sounding off...

Nandini: you say Manik is everything really alright....

Manik: I know Nandini this days we have been busy and....

Nandini: no you don't know.... you don't know that its become 3days since we last talked.....you don't know that I'm so pissed off right now.....you don't know that I am not being able to concentrate on my works....and you don't know that it's all because of you....you have become my habit.... I can't function myself without talking to you ,without seeing you.... I'm not myself anymore.... I was never dependent on someone like now....as I'm dependent on you..... I'm completely messed up and the work load in office is not helping at all.... first few days it was so good.... but now I'm tired.... I don't know how will I handle it......
And finally pouring all her heart out she started to sniff....

Manik:(sensing her condition) Nandini...just listen to me.... just relax take a deep breath.... I'm coming to meet you.....

Nandini: listen Manik...you don't have to do that.....

But he had already cut the call...

After sometime Manik again called Nandini and told her to come down as he has reached....so she hurriedly ran downwards and as soon as she saw him she just ran to his arms.... Manik also hugged her back....he sensed that Nandu was still crying.....

Manik: Nandini look at me......
(But she nodded no still being in the hug) look at me Nandini....
(This time she looked up at him, he cleared her face and make her sit on the nearby bench, gave her some water from the car and said) so now tell me Nandini what's wrong..... I know that we haven't talked since long but this had happened before also...that time you didn't react like this....so now what happened....?

Nandini: I don't know Manik... it's so.... ummm.... how do I say it....you know when at the first day you didn't receive my call then I thought its ok you must be busy then the next day when you called I was so busy in office that I couldn't receive your call and this continued..... it's not me Manik....you know right... I'm not like this.... but last few days I don't know what has gotten into me I'm being frustrated.... I even lashed out at Aliya....

Manik: relax Nandini it is all okay.... it's just the new routine......you know when I joined my job I would also be very busy and couldn't give time to my family... especially Masima...and she would be so angry on me... but then uncle make me understand that we should balance our work and personal life.... I know it's not easy...as I've gone through the same.... but gradually you will cope up with it.... don't worry....and about these days then I'm sorry....you know I had so many surgeries....and then when I called you were busy.... But I thought just like the last time you will understand it..... but I know I'm in fault.... please don't be upset....

Nandini: no Manik I'm not upset.... I know that you were busy and I too was busy but its just I was not being able to handle it....and yeah you are right... I should manage my day well....

Manik: yeah....and don't worry I'll help you......we will fix a time for ourselves......

Nandini: yeah Manik we will do that but I don't want you to compromise your work for me.....we will manage it..... I am feeling so relieved just by talking to you.....

Manik: so we will talk at night everyday....and if I had night shift then I'll inform you beforehand and maybe we can talk at the lunch hour or when you will be back from work in the evening or something.... what say is it okay....?

Nandini: yeah it's ok.... and I assure you I won't react like this....

Manik: no Nandini.... I don't want you to hide your feelings....as much as I want you to understand my situation but I also don't want that you will hide your feelings....am I clear....?

Nandini: ok Manik....

Manik: good....ok listen Nandini its Sunday tomorrow.... we both are free right....so can we meet tomorrow....?

Nandini: ok we can...at the usual cafe...?

Manik: no somewhere else I'll send you the address....we will meet in the evening okay...?

Nandini: okk Manik....it's been late Manik you should go home......we will meet tomorrow....now go....

Manik: ok so I'm leaving.... will meet tomorrow...and now go to your room and sleep well....

Nandini: byee Manik....

Manik: bye....see you tomorrow....

And he left....

Manik's Pov- wait for tomorrow Nandini... there will be a surprise for you......

_____________________________________

                  THANK YOU