I Use To Be Fat, Things Changed Part 2

Chapter 2

“Charlie!” my brother’s voice echoed throughout the house.

Setting my straightener aside I walked down the stairs. “Yes, Eric?”

 “Are you ready yet?” He asked as his arms roamed the couch as if searching for something.

“Do I look ready?” I asked referring to half of my hair down and straightened with the other half in a frizzy mess.

Without looking he replied. “Yup.” His face still covered by the couch but then popping up. “I found them!” he shouted with a proud smile. In his hand were his keys dangling on his index finger. After staring at the keys for a minute he looked at me and scrunched his nose. “Where’s my baby sister?”

“Right here.” I rolled my eyes.

He shook his head. “No, no, no. My baby sister would not wear something like that.” He pointed towards my outfit.

“Eric, my outfit is fine.”

“Nope, to skimpy!” He shook his head.

“It’s just jeans and a polo shirt.” I looked down at my clothes.

He walked over in front of me. “It’s too tight, how can you breathe?” He tugged on my shirt and then jeans. “Why are you trying to show off your assets?”

“I’m not! This is how all the girls dress; mom’s stylists helped me with this.”

“Whatever.” He walked away into the kitchen.

I walked up the stairs and finished my make-up and hair.

                In the car Eric decided to give me a lecture on how girls appearance affects the way people treat them. He acts as if I didn’t already know that. Most people would think of me as a slob since I was overweight and wore baggy clothes. I guess Eric can’t take the fact that I’m growing up and I need to look more presentable.

As soon as Eric parked I jumped out of the car slinging my bag over my back. “See you later.” I walked off into the school.

Walking throughout the halls I felt girls’ glares burning into my back and I saw boy’s heads turning. This was new to me, but I loved it. Usually I heard whispers followed by laughter as I passed by.

“Hello there pretty lady.” I heard a voice say beside me. I turned my head to see the one and only Eli Jones. His brown Mohawk perfectly sculpted and his dazzling green eyes staring into mine. Eli was a no good kid to get involved with.

“Hi.” was all I said and began to walk again.

“I didn’t catch your name, hon. I’m Eli.” He tried to keep up with my pace.

“Charlie.” I responded.

He nodded his head. “Well it’s nice to meet a pretty girl such as yourself.”

I shrugged. “I guess.” I said simply as I tugged open my homeroom door.

I heard him follow me in and I turned towards him. “Why are you following me?”

He smirked. “Don’t get ahead of yourself Princess, this is my homeroom too.”

I rolled my eyes. He’s finally got a new nickname for me that replaces buttercup. Eli was probably the worst out of all the students here; he mocked me and got on my nerves. I literally despise the kid and his stupid like flirtatious remarks aren’t going to change a damn thing.

“So Charlie how was your summer?” he smiled.

I groaned. “Leave me alone, Eli.”

My rudeness only made him smile more. “Why should I, Princess?”

Maybe because I don’t like you since you’ve made my life a living hell, oh and you’ve made me cry about more than a hundred of times. I just ignored his question.

“Awe, don’t ignore me now. That pretty face of yours will drive me crazy throughout all of my classes.”

“Do you realize how annoying you’re being right now?” I snapped my head towards him.

“No, I just think you’re cute and I want to get to know you.” He said simply.

I shook my head. “Look at me, look at my face. Recognize me?”

“Nope, I think I’d remember that beautiful face.”

I rolled my eyes. “Okay then look at me and add a double chin.”

His eyes focused onto my face and then slightly widened. “Buttercup? What the f*ck?”

I shook my head, what a jerk.

About a second later the bell rang and I was out of homeroom and off to Chemistry.

                I decided on sitting in one of the tables in the center of the classroom. Usually in desks that contain two or more seat I sit alone with nobody. To my surprise someone decided to sit next to me.

I turned to look at her; she had an innocent look to her face with wild red hair.

“I’m Emily” she said with a soft voice.

“Charlie.” I returned the smile.

She slowly nodded her head, not knowing what to say.

“Did you come here last year? I don’t seem to remember your face…”

She shook her head. “No, my family just recently moved here.”

“Oh, well if anything, I’m here to show you around.” I smiled.

“Oh good!” she pulled out a sheet of paper. “I need help getting to all of my classes and I don’t really want to ask any of these creeps…” She said nervously.

I nodded my head. “No worries, I wouldn’t want to either."