• Twenty-Four •

Jenna winced as a hand smacked the back of her head hard. She jumped with a snarl in a defensive stance. "No. I'm not doing this right now. I am tired, Sarah," she threatened.

"Perfect timing then huh. Too bad you didn't control that little growl and flicker of yellow eyes," she tsked her, with a shake of her head.

Jenna bared her teeth in response. This crazy ass bear shifter was insane. It's one thing already to piss her off but now she wants to do it when she's exhausted. A pissed tiger is bad enough, add in an exhausted one and it's crazy how they can get.

Her eyes were narrowed into slits. "I'm not kidding."

Sarah shrugged her shoulders. "Neither am I," she said before she turned to Jarred. "Jarred," she bowed her head in respect.

Jarred was still sitting in his chair but his body was turned and his mouth dropped open. The disbelief look on his face would have made Jenna laugh if she wasn't pissed at Sarah. All she wanted to do was relax with her mate and go to bed. She thought this shit would have started tomorrow.

Jarred nodded at Sarah and stood up to stand beside his mate. "You okay?"

She could see the question in his eyes of what just happened. Before she could answer him she heard Lily walking towards them.

"Damn, I heard that smack from back there," Lily chuckled with her thumb pointed behind her. But once she noticed Jenna's glare she stopped. "Sorry." She tried to sound sincere but she didn't.

Jennaa shoulders dropped and she relaxed her stance. She stared at Lily, who seemed to look everywhere else but at her and it clicked. She quickly turned on Sarah. "You got her in on it with you?!"

Sarah lifted her hands in a 'well' gesture. "How else was I supposed to sneak up with your freaky good hearing," Sarah said, pointing to her ear.

Lily took a step forward. "Sorry, Jenna. Once Sarah called we had a long talk, and then she told me about how she planned to help you. Then she asked if I wanted to help too, and of course I did. I want to help you anyway I can... please don't be mad," Lily added quickly when Jenna didn't say anything.

Jenna let out a deep sigh. "I'm not mad, but I'm not exactly thrilled about this either... but I get it. Just know I am not changing anything, just learning to control my tiger," she stated and both of them nodded in agreement. "Good."

She wasn't sure if this was a good idea but it was the only one right now. The face Sarah and Lily we're going to piss her off anytime, anywhere, kind of worried her. But she did warn Sarah and she hoped she'd take it into consideration for what she planned to do.

Jarred wrapped his arm around her neck, tucking her into his side. "So, it's like anger management? Maybe that's a good idea," he teased. Jenna shoved her elbow into his stomach and wheezed. "Ouch, no need to be rough." He lowered his head, his lips against the shell of her ear. "Yet," he breathed.

A shiver worked down her spine and she felt him grin before he placed a kiss on her temple. When she looked back at Lily and Sarah she saw them smiling like mad fools and she shook her head. "Are we done now?"

"Why is it bedtime," Sarah winked.

Jenna inhaled deeply. It was all she could do other than laugh or smack the crazy bear. Then she decided, screw it.

Jenna licked her lips. "Yeah it is. I plan to make this man howl my name as I ride him hard and fast," she said, biting her lip.

A horrified look crossed Lily's face and she covered her ears. "My god, Jenna that is fucking disgusting!" She yelled so loud she was sure the next town heard her.

Jarred pressed his lips to the top of her head. "Mmm, can't wait."

All of them laughed except Lily who had shut her eyes and had her hands over her ears. Jenna felt a lightness inside her as she stood around Jarred's clan. It had been a while since she truly relaxed, laughed and enjoyed others' company. Typically people pissed her off, and sure she had a rocky start here but she was coming around and for once she was happy and excited for the future. But she knew it wasn't all going to be good. She still had to tell Jarred everything, and she knew he wasn't going to be happy.

"Well, I'll let you guys get to your frisky business and remind everyone to use ear plugs so we don't hear Jarred howling as if he was a wolf," Sarah said, laughing. "Come on Lily, unless you want nightmares and to be traumatized." Sarah grabbed Lily's arms, pulling them down from her ears.

Lily opened her eyes and shook her head. "Yeah I don't want to be here for that," she said with disgust. She walked up to Jarred and Jenna and gave them each a quick hug.

Jenna was never a big hugger but she didn't seem to mind them with her.

"I'll be by tomorrow," Lily said.

With a quick bye from Jenna and Jarred, Sarah and Lily left. Jenna went to go sit back in the chair to relax, but Jarred stopped her.

He wrapped his hand around her wrist and pulled her flush against his body. "Wasn't there something else you were supposed to do..." He dropped his head in the crook of her neck. "Something along the lines of making me howl your name," he said with a thick voice before he pressed his lips against her neck.

She let out a breathless sigh at the feeling of his soft, warm lips against her skin. He kissed up her neck, leaving sparks along her skin as he went. "I did say that, didn't I," she breathed out.

Jarred trailed his hands down her body to her ass, which he gripped firmly. "Yes, yes you did. And I think it's about time you showed me what you got." He squeezed her ass, lifting her up, so she could wrap her legs around his waist.

Not wanting to waste another second, Jarred sped through the house and up the stairs to his bedroom.

Just wanted to let you amazing readers know that I am doing a giveaway to celebrate hitting One Million reads on Protect! You just rock.
There's some information on my profile board and I will be uploading the Giveaway book tomorrow that will hold all the deets.

The giveaway is now live! Check out my profile if you want to win some swag xx.

I'm glad to be back again and I have missed you all so much xoxx.