CHAPTER TEN

Maya craned her head to lean it on her other palm because her other hand was reaching its limit of falling asleep

Maya craned her head to lean it on her other palm because her other hand was reaching its limit of falling asleep. She has actually been repeating this process for a couple of hours now since she's been in the same deep thoughts.

As her memories of first arriving at the Rez, to meeting everyone and mainly Seth—she realized just how much she grew over the years.

Compared to her life in the city, she always felt run down and below everyone, meanwhile in the Rez none of that mattered.

When those thoughts kept reminding her of the unhappiness she received with her parents, her mind still did not reject the idea of going back.

Maya had found herself at the Clearwater's—but not for Seth—for Leah, knowing she'd be the most brutal and honest one throughout the entire situation. She wouldn't hold back her thoughts and maybe that was what Maya needed.

Though, while Embry was doing a job of it—she needed someone that was not openly related to the matter, because of the whole 'family sticks out for family' scenario.

She needed someone that give her a taste of an outsider's view.

"Why the hell do you even have the slightest thought of going back?!" Leah quickly stated after Maya explained the situation, "They treated you like garbage, Maya, they made you feel worthless—What kind of person would want to go back to that abuse?!"

"See, what if—"

"No" Leah raised her hand stopping Maya," This is not one of those situations that need a 'What-if or but~' You either look at it the way it is, you return and expect good treatment—but one slip-up and you are back to square one. In circumstances of expecting the good out of it, being hesitant or even feeling out of place is already enough to tell you—Do not go, aren't you happy with your life in the Rez?"

"Yes"

"Aren't you happy with everyone you've come to meeting?"

"Of course, I am"

"Are you happy being with my brother?"

Maya stood up almost feeling offended at the question," Wait, Of course, I do!"

"Then why the hell are you even thinking for a second that moving across the entire country to the people who done nothing but brought you misery? You have family here, one that loves you more than those two can ever show you. Sometimes the whole 'blood is thicker than water' is irrelevant and you'd be a fool for not seeing that—of course with the exception of Embry and his mother—but you know where I am going with this"

"Thanks, Leah" Maya concluded and the older female shrugged her shoulder.

"Do not thank me until the thoughts of leaving leaves your mind completely"