CHAPTER ELEVEN

Once upon a time, Nathaniel Cruz was everything to Maya

Once upon a time, Nathaniel Cruz was everything to Maya. He was the best brother—her only brother—that she looked up to.

However, when he became an elite, at least to that their parents consider—everything Maya saw him as was destroyed. He went from being a caring brother to doing everything to being perfect. Since his goals blinded him, he saw Maya as an obstacle in his path to perfection.

One moment he loves Maya and treats her well and then the next he just like their parents shunned her.

A few weeks had passed, after her talk with Leah. The thought of returning home was gone, but first, she needed a way to convince her parents that she had no plans of returning to them.

She already knew it was going to be a pain, but she knew her parents. She knew how easy it was going to be to make them change their mind.

During the weekend, she had gone to visit her parents and unfortunately, her brother, who so happened to be present with his—oh so perfect partner.

Her parents forgot she even existed when she arrived, because at the airport, when she expected them to be waiting for her, her brother decided to steal the light and surprise them with his girlfriend who he was picking up from the airport the same day Maya was returning home to visit.

Her parents were so quick to forget her. While Maya was glad the first thing they didn't do was find a way to pick out the things on her that were imperfections, it still hurt like hell just standing at the airport with her luggage that she was barely able to handle herself.

She struggled the entire way to the car and just when she thought her misery ended, once they reached the car—her brother's partner's bags took up all the seats.

Maya eyed the car as her brother closed the door on her and looked out the window," Just call a taxi,"

Maya was baffled as her parents didn't even say anything as they drove off leaving her behind.

"What the actual fuck?!" Maya shouted as she watched the car leave the airport.

Maya—she was livid. She was beyond it. However, having gotten so used to their abandonment, she went ahead to call for a car.

The whole ride to her home made her really glad that she talked with Leah. The idea of returning home was not even at the top of her mind. The only thing she had left was to make this visit quick and return home back to her real family.

Later that night, she was surprised that her parents even remembered her existence, because they went out to eat dinner.

During the dinner, Maya did all she could to hold down her dinner at the sickening lovey-dovey sight of her brother and his girlfriend. Sitting across from them as they gushed and kept sending loving whispers.

Maya sighed as she just watched her parents talk excitedly to her brother as he bragged about his achievements.