CHAPTER SIX

"I'm not trying to find a reason!" Maya argued with Embry—who had been so very persistent on making sure she knew all the reasons to not even think for a second that she should go

"Maya, the fact that you implied a possibility that it was a good chance, is enough for me to argue about this. How foolish do you not see that they do not care about you!"

"Embry" Seth tried to stop the older male but it was practically a challenge to even get a say in this. It had been a couple of hours since the three had been left by Tiffany who had to seriously think of the situation on her own.

When she left, it was as if Maya had reasons to defend the case—which only made Seth and Embry react defensively towards.

However, the Clearwater was more of the calm persuader and Embry was the one with no filter.

While he wanted to step in Embry had overpowered him to a corner to not be able to say what he wanted.

The process repeated for a good couple of hours until Embry had left in annoyance.

It was definitely a situation that had been the first for the cousins, considering they always gotten along so well.

Though, when the opinion had allowed a reaction of negativity, Maya was without a doubt unsure how to articulate all the suppressed emotions.

She knew it was foolish to allow her parents a chance and she was a complete fool for it, but having been around her friends—such as Aniya, Zahra, Juliet and Serena—the four girls, in which, had each given chances to people that once hurt them.

"Maya" Seth finally spoke up making the female who was still heated turn to him with a hostile expression.

"What? Do you have something to say about my stupidity as well?"

"No" He shook his head saying as he grabbed her hand," I don't know how you feel, and I probably won't ever—about how or why you think what you do. It really annoys me for many reasons, one being that you might forgive them, but in the end, all of this is your choice, Maya. If you want to go back, then I won't stop you"

"Seth" she mumbled as he slowly allowed a smile to form on his lips.

"I promised you," Seth said slowly as he brought a hand to her cheek," Do you remember? All years ago?"

Maya closed her eyes and nodded as she allowed the memory to sink in.

How could she forget?

It was during the time before he even phased. The time when she knew the secret and had not even expected him to be one of the rest that had phased during those challenging times.

Before the vampires and before their lives were put into the danger of what lurked the darkness—they were both just young teenagers that had probably had to admit fell in love at first sight and this was before Seth even imprinted let alone phased.