CHAPTER NINE

As days went on and new members joined the pack—it was worrying with how rapid the shapeshifters numbers were growing

Maya hardly had been able to spend her time at the Clearwater's because of how protective Embry was starting to be. It also did not help that Leah had been left to the suspicion that the young female had the liberty to be around Sam and his 'gang' was strange. So, to not draw too much of the suspicion, she was asked to not visit as much until things settled down.

At the time, still been tough for Leah considering that it has only been half a year since Sam left her for her own cousin Emily.

Maya unknowingly made her visits shortened because the young female noticed the growing hostility Leah had. At first, she thought she did or said something wrong, but a little later she finally asked Embry why Leah always scoffed when Sam was mentioned around her.

The thing was that Maya had ended up finding herself in discomfort around Emily and Sam after learning about the story.

When she learned about the imprinting, when Paul accidentally spoke about it when Jared had been lovestruck after finding his imprint—Maya had been upset by it.

It was the only time that she and Paul gotten along because of their opinions towards it—which unfortunate to them would later become something they'd take back with the fact that the imprintee and imprinter were people they already had growing feelings for.

However, that wasn't the thought or prediction for them considering how Maya was too focused on just growing up and Paul just did not want to be under the obligation that came with it.

"You know, you don't have to avoid the house so much" Seth walked alongside Maya as they both were on a grocery run for his mom.

"I know" She responded lightly since she was too focused on walking on the stone wall she was on," It's just I want to respect Leah's comfort zone you know, she's uncomfortable and still feels betrayed"

Seth sighed placing his arms behind his head," I liked Sam a lot, but I think someone else out there will make her happier than what he's put her through for the past few months they'd been together. I don't know the reason and I probably won't ever, but I just want her to be happy again"

"She will find someone," Maya hummed as she jumped off the wall before Seth, who had to take a step back from nearly being trampled," So, for now, we can just always meet up outside and once my final transfer forms are completed, we'd see each other at school"

"It's finally being settled?" Seth dropped his arms and smiled at her," After all these months?"

"Yeah, Mario and Kristina were too 'busy' with work to send the transcripts. I just wish Aunt Tiff could become my official legal guardian already"

"Well, let's just hope that day comes" Seth concluded as he started to walk past her," And then you are set to live in the Rez for a long time"

"I know, it's exciting! I can't wait for it" She added before following after him," I just hope it's soon because I don't think I ever want to move back with them"

"Really? Is that how you feel?" Seth dared to ask and Maya pursed her lips ready to retort—However, she really did not have the confidence to openly deny it again. The first time was already hard, but saying it the second time was as if she was sure of it.

"Sorry" Seth stopped in his track turning to the silent female.

Maya tilted her head and shook it," Let's just change the topic for now, yeah?"

"All right, let's see—"