Faith

Izuku's POV

"Midoriya, are you almost ready?"

I sigh in frustration as I frantically comb my fingers through my hair. Then give Todoroki a half smile through the mirror in front of me.

"I'm sorry, I just don't think I'm ready to see everyone yet. Especially not Kacchan, it's going to be so awkward."

He stands behind me. Placing his hands on my shoulders and I look at the reflection of his smile.

"I can't promise that he'll forgive you. But a connection like yours doesn't just disappear. And if it makes you feel any better, you'll always have me to come back to if it doesn't work out."

I turn around and can't fight the urge to hug him.

"Thank you for everything. You have no idea how much you've helped me."

"I guess I'm getting better at this friendship thing, right?"

I chuckle at his at his attempt to lighten the mood.

"Yeah definitely. Now we should get going."

We grab our bags and head downstairs, running into a few classmates on the way down.

Once in school we head straight to our classroom and go our separate ways. Uraraka and Iida smile at me from across the room.

"Hey guys."

Uraraka slaps the back of my head playfully as I sit next to her.

"God, Deku you have to stop being so reckless. We heard Bakugo found you yesterday but he came back alone. Do you have any idea how worried we all were?"

I rub the back of my head kinda embarrassed.

"Todoroki even planned out a search party."Added Iida.

I look across the room at the half and half boy.

"I guess I should find a way to thank him properly."

They share a few not so subtle glances at each other before looking back at me.

"So I guess you're wondering why I left, right?" I ask.

"No, Bakugo cleared up everything last night. He said it was a family emergency and you just didn't want anyone getting involved, including him. He seemed a bit hurt about it if you ask me." Says Iida.

My guilt and urge to apologize to Kacchan suddenly grows tremendously.

"So what's with the look you guys just gave me then?"

"I happened to- well we um..."
Iida stops mid-sentence looking clearly uncomfortable.

"We happened to hear something about you and Todoroki this morning." Continues Uraraka.

I internally facepalm, hoping it's not what I think it is.

"Well what was it?" I ask trying to conceal my unease.

Iida clears his throat and looks at me sympathetically. "That you might've spent the night with him, if you know what I mean."