A Break

Izuku's POV

It's been almost an hour now and neither Todoroki or I have said anything.We've just sat here as my mind repeats Kacchan's harsh words over and over. The worst part of it being how much I deserve it.

My eyes wander over to the stoic boy next to me. His heated hand rubbing circles on my back as an attempt to soothe me.

Maybe I should tell him to go home? He shouldn't be out in the cold with me.

He turns his head in my direction. "You feeling better?"

"No, not really if I'm being honest."

"Well that's to be expected after such a harsh encounter."

We fall back into silence, but not the awkward kind. He may not be doing much but just knowing I have him here is comfort enough.

After a while he stands and dusts himself off.

"How about I take you home? I could come up with an excuse to tell Aizawa-sensei."

I frown and he nods in acknowledgment.

"If you don't want to miss school, would you like to stay with me? I'm aware your room is right next to Bakugo's, and I believe it's best you both spend some time away from each other to clear your heads."

His offer forces a small smile on my face.
"Would you really be okay with that? I'd hate to be a burden.."

"Do you really think I'd be sitting out in the cold with someone I consider a burden?"

He grabs my hand and pulls me up.

"I think I'll take you up on that offer, but please don't tell anyone I'll be staying with you."

He nods. "I'll keep it between us. Though I'm sure someone will eventually notice."

He calls us a taxi and once we get back he shows me to his room on the fifth floor. It's decorated with traditional tatami mat flooring and sliding door panels giving the room a traditional appearance.

"Whoa Todoroki, I didn't expect you to be a traditionalist." I say as I leave my shoes by the entrance.
"I'm not, it's just that this is the sort of environment I grew up in. I wasn't sure how else to decorate."

He opens a drawer and pulls out a set of bed sheets and some comforters, along with a towel.
"Would you like me to stop by your dorm and get some of your belongings?"

"Yeah, I'd appreciate it. My uniform and a few pairs of clothes should be enough." I say as I pass him my keys.

"Alright, in the meantime you can take a shower if you'd like. You're free to use anything I have available." He says as he walks out the door.

Well I might as well take a shower, it's been a long day.

Stepping into his bathroom I strip down, and look in the mirror. My fingers trace the harsh bruise on my cheek. The stinging sensation still fresh in my mind.

How can I fix this?
Will he ever forgive me?
How did he even find me?

I turn on the water and once it's warm enough I let it envelop me. Though no matter how much I turn up the temperature I can't seem to get rid of the coldness I feel.

Katsuki's POV

"Hey,Bakubro! I know you're in there dude. I saw you walk in, don't ignore me."

I fumble in the dark and throw whatever I can find at the door.
"I swear Kirishima if you make me come out there I'll make you fucking regret it!"

A muffled sigh can be heard from behind the wooden door. "Yeah, yeah, sure whatever you say. Just promise me you'll eat something okay?"

"Fine!"

"G'night Bakubro!"

"Tch."
I wrap myself up in my blanket, thinking back on what I had witnessed earlier. How despite my anger all I wanted was to snatch Deku out of Todoroki's arms and bring him back with me.

My heart aches in pain.

Fucking Deku... why is it that you always have to be so complicated.

I scroll through my contact list, finger hovering over
his name.

No, I'll deal with him tomorrow.

The Next Day

*Knock Knock Knock*

*Knock Knock Knock*

Is he not in his room?
Maybe this is life's way of telling me not to forgive him so easily...ugh I'll just pull him to the side before class starts.

I head downstairs to the common room with the rest of the class when suddenly I overhear a conversation that peaks my interest.

"Well we can't know for sure."

"What do you mean? We all know there's only one kid in U.A with that sort of green curly hair. And he's always come off as a little feminine if you ask me. It wouldn't be surprising if he turns out to be gay or something."

"True, and coming out of another boy's room so early in the morning is kinda suspicious."

"Which means Todoroki is gay too?"

"Possibly, but it's really not our business."

The two extras walk away into the room, leaving only my bitterness to fill the halls.

Green curly hair?
Feminine?
Todoroki?
Gay?
They were talking about Deku weren't they..

I take a deep breath and head out the dorm building, making sure to keep myself composed.

I'm not the same kid that arrived here a few months ago.  Allowing my feelings to control me the way they did yesterday is immature. For all I know those girls don't know shit.

Despite knowing that the sweat still builds up on my hands, leaving me more than ready to blow a certain someone's face off.

Author's Note: Sorry for the short chapter, just felt like it was a good place to stop. Hope you all enjoy.❤️