Part Sixteen: "The End?"

Jungkook's POV:

(A Few Days Later...)

I was walking to Y/N's new apartment, going over to have look. I haven't heard anything about Mark and Y/N's relationship status; I'm assuming they're still together. Even after she and I kissed...

I knock on her apartment's door, hearing a lot of clatter coming from inside.

"COMING! UH..." She yells. "JUST GIVE ME A MOMENT!"

When the door opens, I see Y/N wearing a baggy sweatshirt and joggers. Her hair was in a bun, her makeup is not on. Not saying I haven't seen this look before, but I have and it's usually something not good. I crossed my arms, smirking and leaning against the doorframe.

"What?" She blushes, looking down at her outfit. "Oh, this? It's nothing. I haven't brought over the other clothes yet."

I hold my hands up, "I won't argue with you."

"You better not," She bites her bottom lip. "Don't go in the bathroom, by the way. It's a little... messy. Yeah, messy."

"Huh..." I lean in closer, our noses nearly touching. "Messy, huh?"

She nods, smiling. "Very messy..."

I pull away, walking into her apartment. I have a look around, grinning at all of the decorations she added. However, I did stop at one and picked it up, cradling it gently.

"You kept this?" I asked her, looking from our picture to her.

"I posted it earlier," She smiles. "It's on Instagram."

She grabs my phone from my back pocket, handing it to me as I put the picture down. I search for her account, clicking on her recent post. My heart was pounding against my chance."Y/N, how do you feel about going out tonight? Especially since you got our duet the day after tomorrow. Something to celebrate." I grinned at her, pulling her to me.

"I-I... Are you sure?"

"I'm positive," I lift her chin, making her look at me. "I'm positive about taking you out; I'm positive about the duet. I'm positive about everything."

She smiles, reaching for my tie and pulling my lips to hers.

"Y/N, how do you feel about going out tonight? Especially since you got our duet the day after tomorrow

"Y/N, how do you feel about going out tonight? Especially since you got our duet the day after tomorrow. Something to celebrate." I grinned at her, pulling her to me.

"I-I... Are you sure?"

"I'm positive," I lift her chin, making her look at me. "I'm positive about taking you out; I'm positive about the duet. I'm positive about everything."

She smiles, reaching for my tie and pulling my lips to hers.

(An Hour Later...)

Y/N changed into a dress for tonight. I noticed that she kept holding her arms over her stomach. I eventually pulled her arms, placing them at her sides.

"What are you doing?" I ask her.

"What do you mean? I'm just holding my arms over my stomach. It hurts..." Her face reddens as she says that.

I nodded, sighing. "Okay, let's go."

We were sitting across from each other at a restaurant I picked for tonight. I had this knot in my stomach, telling me something bad is probably gonna happen. I don't know for sure, but I need to keep an eye on Y/N. Maybe that's what it is telling me.

"May I take your order?" A waitress asks us.

"I'll take the steak ramen and kimchi, please." I smile at Y/N, then at the waitress.

"I'll take the chicken salad." Y/N says.

I give her a look. She just shrugs my look away, grinning her beautiful smile.

Over supper, we discussed how work was, how our families were doing, what we missed during these years of being apart... We discussed a lot, now that I think about it. Y/N's life wasn't as great as I thought it was. Ever since I walked out on her, she's been battling through depression.

She picked at her salad as she asked me the dreaded question.

"Why'd you leave?"

I stand up, watching her as she stood with me. "Let's not talk in here..."

"Fine."

We walked across the street and to the park. She stopped as soon as we landed on the park's ground area. She turned towards me, stomping her foot down (her way of demanding for an answer).

"I just had to focus on what's important..." I replied.

Tears were beginning to slip down her face, causing my heart to break for her again.

"What do you mean 'focus on what's important?'" Y/N had tears streaming down her face. "Was I not important enough for you? Did I waste seven years of my life with some immature idiot?" She shoves me.

"Y/N," I put my hands on her shoulders, which she tries to shove off and fails. "You were... are important. I was only seventeen! Can't you just get over yourself?"

Her eyes widen, and I immediately knew I shouldn't have said what I said. She turns on her heels, walking away. However, she stops midway, briefly looking over her shoulder.

"Oh, Jungkook," She chuckles. "Thanks for everything."

"What-"

I couldn't even finish what I was saying; she was the one walking out of my life this time. Not the other way around. If only I could just... just TELL her that I'm still in love with her. If only I could tell her the truth behind me leaving her...

"The end?" I mumble to myself, finally allowing tears to stream down my face, mixing in with the rain that started to pour.