4

Days started passing by so fast , it was as if someone fast forwarded to the last day Nic had with Zara.

They both were loving the time they spent together so much that they didn't even realise until Levin called up the lad to ask when he should pick him up from the airport.

[For those of you who don't know Levin and Theo are Nic's friends , they will be featured more in the book soon ]

They were just roaming around before they decided to go back to the infamous cafe that they had come to .

The girl couldn't stop herself as she spilled out the next few words

"Nic ? Why does the colour of your eyes look so weird , it's almost artificial and I can 99% guarantee that those are brown lenses you're wearing....I love studying about eyes and I know about that stuff . Why do you hide that?"

Its almost as if she didn't mean to say it out loud but was preparing herself to ask him in a much more polite way.
She covered her mouth when she realised she had said it .

Nic looked a little hesitant but he finally told her
"Ermm..  I don't know how you'll react to this Perle . Please don't hate me . I swear  I had my reasons for this "

"Now you're scaring me . What is it ? Why would I hate you ? "

"Uhhh....give me your phone"

She handed it to him and watched him as he tapped on the phone for a while before showing it to her.

She looked at the screen , the damned screen showing that her friend was in fact a model. A successful one. A FREAKING MODEL THAT HAD WALKED ON THE SAME RAMP AS GIGI HADID.

She just kept staring , her mouth was ajar as she kept looking at the pictures . He was even featured on some magazines . It took her a long while before she snapped back to reality.
The only word that left her mouth was Why?

The apparently brown eyed guy reached out for her hand and explained

"Perle , please listen to me.  I know you feel like I kept a part of myself hidden from you but I didn't , love . The Nic you knew for the past month is the same Nic that I've been my whole life except for in front of cameras. I hated hiding it but it was better than having questions thrown at me .

I've had bad experiences before , people have used me for fame before. So naturally when I met you and you treated me normally , I was surprised but I liked that . I loved how I was treated like a normal human being , an honoured one at that because I got your friendship through that .

I don't want to loose you my perle , I want to see that smile with those dimples on your lips throughout my life . I want to watch those eyes of your change colour when you are happy. I want to watch them turn a lighter colour when you are laughing so hard while covering your mouth.
You've a beautiful personality , love .
Please don't leave me for hiding this..."

Zara put her other hand on Nic's and squeezed it

"I understand your point of view Nic . Yes I was kind of disappointed but let's be honest , no one wants their friends to be with them only because they're famous.

I don't hate you Nic , to be frank I can never hate the only guy that likes my smile with two crookedly placed dimples. Just kidding , but it'll be way too hard to ever hate you when you talk to me as if I'm a fragile glass doll."

The couple just smiled at each other.
Nic was certain of his feelings but he was afraid ,
Afraid of rejection
Afraid of only being the one catching feelings
Afraid of being the one giving 100% into a relationship when the other one isn't even trying.

To say that the least , Zara was afraid too but she knew not to jump into making impulsive decisions .

They just tried to make the most out of the time they had left, they discussed the timings when they'd video call each other.

Let's just say the lad had never wanted to come back to the country ,from where his mom was , this much .

Right at 7 pm they were at the exact point where they had met when Nic kissed her forehead and gave her a packet but told her not to open it now.

Over the next few days both of them talked a lot. There could even be just the sound of them breathing and they'd be comfortable. The woman tried so hard to pry into the details of the package but Nic didn't budge and told her to wait.

Yes , she could just open it but something inside told her not to and she listened to that voice.

*

~A month passed~

The brunette was sad , so upset , so done with life as she ranted on to Nic.
He did have a slight smile on his face because he found it cute that her grades affected her that much.
She wasn't fooling around with her career.
He finally interrupted her
"Schatz , go and open that package . Pick out the one with open when you want me to hug you
*Waits for a moment while there is a rustle of papers*
Got it? Now read it . Read it out loud."

Within a few minutes , Zara's mood shifted to a happy teary eyed one.
" You're the best Nicolas , the best of the best . Tha-"

" No thank yous *groans* please ? I just want to know if my cringey letters helped you a bit "

" Hey! They're not cringey , don't you dare call these beautiful things cringey. I l-love them ."

"There's a lot of them , I'll send you more when you run out .
...
Hey Perle? Can I facetime you? Please?"

" But I have a puffy and red face . I look like shit. "

" Hun , it's 3:30 in the morning , I'm sure I'll look the worst out of both of us. And either way , my girl looks phenomenal every single second of the day "

" I really don't deserve you * shakes her head with a small smile on her face* wait a sec lemme put my hair up "
" NOOOOO.... I mean uh No , I like your hair * scratching the back of his head while cringing a little * "

On facetime

Nic continues to talk about the latest photoshoot , explaining the poses they had to do . When it got to the part where he had to be on the bed with a girl on his lap playing video games to give off a casual vibe, he focused on his Perle's annoyed face .
He could see her trying to control her expressions .

To test her a little more he fabricated a little intimate scene which never happened .

That did it for her.

She tried to go out of frame to wipe her tears but Nic's eyes didn't miss it .
He tried to call her name to make her look back but she ended the call abruptly.

.
.
.

Oops? *Hides behind Nic* don't hit me .
I'll explain a lot of it in the next chapter :) with something special ;)
But it'll take some time tho 🙊👀

Also let's clear something out , yes I know lenses shouldn't make that much difference but let's be honest , Nic can pass as a normal brown boy if he had brown irises . Nic was just trying not to attract attention and yes he wore more indian-ish clothing to not be spotted by anyone who might know him.