11

I reached my dorm and checked my phone that had some notifications of people wishing me , so I replied to them and then called my mum.

I didn't mention anything about today , but I knew she forgot again . It didn't matter though , all I wanted was some blessing through the call because no one visited me from my family. She rushed the call to end .

It was suspicious but I didn't care , I was tired but I first took the gifts Nic gave me and put it in the inner corner of my almirah and then continued to open the other ones .

Theo gave me a bond bracelet, it was thoughtful and I loved it . I clicked a picture of it on my wrist and sent it to him . Levin gave me an oversized knitted jumper, though it was still summery here in India but I knew winters were just around the corner and I adored the style of it. I clicked a picture of it too and sent it to Levin.

The two boxes taunted me to open them but I resisted all because Nicolas had asked me to.

After half an hour of tidying up my side of room , I changed into my father's t-shirt and short legging , hugging my large teddy bear I looked through the old photographs .

Tears built up seeking an escape from my eyes to run off my cheeks.

People who I met less than an year ago remembered , people who I met less than ten years ago remembered but people who brought me up didn't . It hurt no matter how much I tried to play off that it didn't.

I wiped my tears and started drawing , I  had no idea what it was but I had the urge to do it so I did. An hour passed I continued to draw. A few more minutes later I sat back and looked at it.

It was a weirdly graphic picture , it was a smile overlayed above a broken doll. The smile seemed fake but to a normal person it wouldn't be so.

I picked it up and added it to my collection of such drawings. It was starting to fill up. It was almost 10pm and I was getting more and more dizzy from lack of rest , so I gave in and fell onto the bed.

~~~

My alarm finally made me get off the bed , so I showered and got ready for the classes . I was at the exit of the dorm when someone informed me that our classes got cancelled.

I was still suspicious so I checked the WhatsApp group to confirm that they were in fact cancelled. Happily I called Nic to let him know.

I went to the same cafe , the lady smiled at me when I went to sit down besides my gorgeous model of a boyfriend . I interlaced our fingers .

We talked about everything that happened in the past few days , conversation seemed to have a streamlined flow with him.  There were no awkward stares .

Soon enough , Theo and Levin joined us and that's when Nic finally allowed me to open the boxes.

It was a pendant with a  pearl as the centre of the sunflower made of metal . It was beautiful. I couldn't believe that he'd remember that I liked sunflowers. I once told him but I thought he was too sleepy to even hear those words.

I kissed him on the cheek in the heat of the moment . When I realised what I just did we both turned our faces to the ground , Theo broke the awkward silence.

"That's it lovebirds stop being so couple-y I'm going to puke " I glared at him playfully as they all laughed at my expense .

"Have you both even tried some staples from this state ?" They shook their heads as I looked at them in surprise.

"Why not??? Come on we are going now"

"But-" I cut Levin off. "But nothing, y'all are leaving tomorrow and you haven't had the typical street food , what kind of tourist are you?"

They all followed behind me as we went to the same hub of Street food.

The chaos around us , the heat of the spices , the laughter  all this was what I had been craving these past few days.

We roamed around the city , seeing them get amazed from small things while Nic and I smiled at each other. This day was by far the best in the past few months not that I was complaining.

•|The new cover at the top , the edit was made by @itsadeems ♥️|•

Lowkey a filler ? Not that proud of this chapter , totally didn't go how I planned it but eh doesn't matter. ♥️Hope you all enjoyed
Vote &  Comment<3