Chapter 3: Truth Of Pain (1 of 2)

Y/N P.O.V.

We've got him pissed off now. It won't take much. He's run out of ammo, and rushes in for a punch. Too easy. We bend at the waist, and open our jaw. His arm comes off at the shoulder. Live meat always tastes the best. He falls to the ground, and fires off a sonic blast.  We pass out, and fall to the ground as well. What is he going to do to us...?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neo P.O.V.

As my boyfriend hits the floor, and Ironwood recovers from his screaming fit, Ironwood aims his pistol at Y/N's head. I rush to the ground floor, hit him upside the head with my umbrella, and rush to Y/N's side. He's still alive. Sonic frequencies are lethal to the symbiotes, and if Liar goes down, Y/N goes with him. Both are still alive.

(Ironwood) - Get out...

I turn to the general. His pistol is leveled at Y/N. The only thing blocking him is me. I activate my semblance, and grab my symbiote-infested boyfriend.

(Ironwood) - Get out of my way... I have to end him... before he spreads the infection...

I use my illusions to channel a message into a false scroll, in my fake's hand.

(Illusion:Neo) - Go to hell.

He fires on the illusion, and it shatters like glass. He swivels his head, trying to look for us, before being slammed into the ceiling.

Thanks for covering us, Ms. Goodwitch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N P.O.V. Timeskip: three hours.

We wake up, after having been subdued by a sonic blast. 

(Liar) - Geez. He was mad that we swallowed his arm.

(Y/N) - Of course he was. Pain feeds hate. He hated dad, and he hates us. The fact that we took Anti-Venom and Scorn from him only made it worse. He was rather attached to his limb.

(Liar) - Pun intended?

(Y/N) - We are an intellectual, Liar. We don't intend to make puns if We make one.

We attempt to get out of our bed, only for someone to pull us back in. Neo has her arms wrapped around our stomach, and is sound asleep. She doesn't want us to get up.

(Liar) - Aww... how cute.

(Y/N) - Yes. Such strength in such a tiny body. She is two feet shorter than I am, and she still manages to keep us in place.

(Liar) - You sure it isn't just emotional attachment, and the fear of waking her scares you?

(Y/N) - ...no.

She hugs us tighter. We just wrap our arms around her, and fall back to sleep. I feel Liar's tendrils wrap around her and I. He's got the right idea. We will protect her. At any cost.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

450 words. Not too bad. I'm sorry I'm getting shorter with these chapters, but I've been having trouble getting back to this story after starting some of the more recent stuff on my mind. Just give me some time, and I should be back to this. I warn you though, it may take some time.

Thank you for your understanding, and have a wonderful (time of day)!