Prologue

This story happened around the time Turtle enchanted the scavengers and the dragons.

Undauntable

     Undauntable walked silently in the shadows. He was escaping the Indestructible City, away from the Invincible Lord. Away from his father. 

     "Prince Undauntable, what are you doing this late?" One of the soldiers asked. Undauntable stopped. He had reached the front doors, but blocked by a guard. 

     "Out for a nighttime stroll, that's all." Undauntable said, shrugging casually. The guards looked perplexed, but let him out. As soon as he was out of sight, Undauntable ran to the forest, leaving for the desert. He ran quickly to the oasis. While Wren had been captured, she had taught Undauntable Dragon, and he used that language to rescue her. He sat down at the oasis pond. 

     "Oh, good, a scavenger. I can have a midnight snack." A voice said above him. Undauntable jolted up.

     "Please don't." Undauntable cried. 

     "Hello?" The dragon asked, confused. Undauntable looked up. He was one of those night dragons.

     "It's me! Down here!" Undauntable called. The dragon looked down and spotted Undauntable. He then snorted. 

     "Yeah right. A scavenger talking Dragon. Impossible. But that Wren . . . I must have been hallucinating." Undauntable frowned. Wren? 

     "I know her too. Can you help me?" Undauntable asked the mystery dragon. He jumped back in surprise.

     "I -- you know Wren? Okay then, I was also trying to find her. Where too?" He asked, picking Undauntable up. Warmth spread suddenly into Undauntable. He frowned. The dragon must have felt it too, cause he jumped.

     "I have a feeling . . . that destiny matched us." The dragon and Undauntable said together. They frowned.

     "We are officially friends," The mystery dragon decided. "My name is Deathbringer. What is yours?" Undauntable tilted his head. Deathbringer? An unusual name, like his.

     "My name is Undauntable." Undauntable replied. "Wren told me that you were named Murderbasket. Weird, huh?" Deathbringer nodded, chuckling.

     "I know. Where do you think Wren and the others are?" He asked. Undauntable thought.

     "Probably to famous dragons. She wants to let scavengers and dragons become friends. Everyone listens to famous dragons. Where is a place for famous dragons?" Undauntable asked. Deathbringer thought for a minute.

     "I know. Jade Mountain Academy. The Dragonets of Destiny and the Dragonets who Conquered Darkstalker are there. Really famous. They might go there on accident, or on purpose." Deathbringer replied. 

     "You do know where this academy is located, correct?" Undauntable asked. Deathbringer nodded. "Then lets go!" Undauntable climbed onto Deathbringer, and they winged into the night.