Chapter 4

You sat patiently in your office, nearly perfectly still, aside from the constant bouncing of your leg. You had actually felt overwhelmingly nervous. You had just reunited with your poor Jere, and he was already called away.

Letting out a dull sigh, you place your shaky hands among your keyboard, staring blankly at your screen. Everything seemed unusually bright, and not in a good way. It gave you a headache. You let out a soft, quiet groan as you rubbed your temples in an attempt to soothe the throbbing pain. Everything had just been so crazy lately, the remembrance sent you into a daydream, one you'd rather not have.

You had barely heard the click of the door opening, only realizing someone was in the room with you when a hand was placed on your shoulder. You let out a sharp gasp and turned, your heartbeat racing.

" hey.. " ——- greeted softly, her thumb gently rubbing your shoulder,  " Im taking the VR testing for Jeremy, he's gonna have a break from work for a while." she sighed , her hand moving to curl your hair on her finger.

Leaning into the touch, you closed your eyes and rested your head on your hand.  " That's good ..." you trailed off meekly, eventually barely opening your eyes, yet just enough to see what was happening. ——- was peering down at you with a concerned expression, pity adorning their features.

" did you ever find out who that person in the suit was ... ? "

Your room was darker than you had remembered. The curtains were closed completely, any device shut off, and the blankets tugged over your frame - up to your shoulders.

The wall was rather interesting to you at the moment, your eyes only on the milk white wallpaper, almost never blinking.
Hearing the door surprised you, but you let a small smile grace your face, expecting your lovely boyfriend to walk in and hold you.

You stared expectantly at the doorway, yet nothing happened. It was unnerving. Brows furrowed as you sat up, your shaky palms resting against the bed to keep you up. " Jere ... ? " you called softly, only to have your voice come out as a hoarse whisper. You cleared your throat to try again before you caught a glimpse of movement.

The blankets swung off of you as you flipped your legs to the side of the bed, standing carefully so you wouldn't fall, as you placed your hand against your nightstand.  " Jeremy ? " you would call again and wait for an answer, yet to no avail. It was starting to get your blood pumping quicker, adrenaline coursing though your veins. Startled at the sound of heavy footsteps, your breathing started to increase rapidly, and you dove for your bed. The covers were instantly over you and you tightly shut your eyes, trying to catch your breath and stay silent at the same time.

You were already getting quite hot under the comforter, discreetly fanning yourself. This stopped when you heard someone walk into the room, stomping to stand right next to the bed. You let out a silent whimper, bottom lip quivering and brows furrowed. It was silent for a while, and you waited a bit longer before reaching up to pull your covers off of you,

There was nothing there. No one, not a thing. Looking around frantically, you had sworn you heard someone here. You wouldve heard them leave...
you flopped against the bed miserably, a tear rolling down the side of your head. You gave in and let yourself cry until you fell asleep.

Why was this happening?

(( sorry this is short, babes!!! I haven't updated in a really long time because for a while I left the fandom, but now I'm back and ready to write some tea))