𝑰𝑰

Careful steps took me closer to that mystery of a girl few feet away from me, and up in my mind I didn't have the faintest clue what to expect. I couldn't fight the irresistible curiosity, and I didn't desire to shake it away anyway, however I couldn't deny the fear that swallowed me the moment I saw her, and as I walked closer to her the fear only grew. For way too many reasons I was scared, for the fact that a complete stranger was lurking in the garden and in all ways I was defenseless, danger could eventuate at any given moment when one is not taking enough precaution, and maybe she is harmless, but it is always a bad idea to evade work no matter for what reason. In cases like this one, I'm ought to let Mr. Coleman take care of it, but I just couldn't, I didn't want to, there was an unknown something dragging me her way, and I was willing to discover it.

Stood before me what I though was a piece of art, probably one of the most beautiful beings that had ever lived on this planet. A woman around her second decade, around my age, her skin so pale like whipped cream, her body made so perfectly like a sculpture, her hair gathered in perfectly messy curls, red like flames of fire, her eyes looked like an ocean with no limit, and she looked so delicate, she had my eyes wide open the moment I saw her.

"Excuse me Miss, how can I help you?" I watched my steps very cautiously, for the grass had grown a lot taller in that area, and I asked, with suspicion I didn't bother to hide, and I tried so hard not to sound awkward, because I knew at some point my awkwardness will embarrass me, and that was the least I wanted.

"You have a very exquisite garden!" She replied with excitement I'd never seen like before, her eyes kept wandering around, unsettled, looking at every inch of the garden with sparkles all over her pure ocean eyes. wished I could keep watching her amazed self for a very long time.

"I'm so sorry, I- I didn't mean to inturde like that, I'm so sorry." The little sparkles in her eyes started fading, replaced by a hint of panic as they fixed themselves upon mine, and almost as if I could read her, I knew she was waiting for any sign from me to let her stay, there was hope in her eyes somewhere.

"It's no problem, though I do hope that your visit won't be long, Mr. Coleman won't be the happiest to heve you in his garden." I found myself immediately saying, and I couldn't tell if it was for her, or to fill myself with her beauty. Her grin grew so big, lighting her face up that she looked as shiny as the stars, and twice as beautiful.

Her grin slowing started disappearing off her face, and in return grew a look of interest, her eyes felt like they where scanning me whole, and for a monet she drifted into a complete different world. I felt the heat rising in me, discomfort was eating me up on the inside, as if something wasn't right in me, and it was almost as though I was scared that she doesn't like me.

"Heavens, you're gorgeous!" She finally spoke after moments of unbearable silence, and once again a smile took over her face. Every drop of blood rushed to my cheeks, and I could feel the tint of red giving them a color as I suddenly started feeling too hot. My words were lost, I couldn't think of a single word to say. My head tilted itself down, and my gaze rested on my old shoes. I never thought l'd have a moment where the only thing I can give is a little smile. Nothing ever felt this good before.

"Pauline!" The moment was broken by Mrs. Perkins voice calling my name in the distance, I wished to God that I was only imagining. "Pauline!" At the second call, I knew it was not my imagination, and in that very moment, I started panicking.

"I have to go, you do too." I spoke in a hurry as I ran as fast as my feet endured towards the kitchen door, and I felt embarrassed in every sense of the word. I wanted to see her again, oh I wanted to spend every second of the day with her, to enjoy her company as long as I could, but good things are hard to keep.