Chapter One: One small town

Brothers in arms, friends to the end. Bonds which were broken in the span of a month. Nothing was known about why this happened, especially considering the two were inseparable and stuck together like glue. Some say it was money, some say jealousy. Whatever the case the two still became at odds with one another. Teen troubles gone a tad too far, ending a childhood friendship for good. They were Marcus Doll and Harry Bower. Not the most popular kids in school, not even amongst the nerds, just two average B level students. One aspiring to build while another aspiring to paint.
You may be thinking to yourself "What happened" well to no surprise something bad happened. These two respected and promising young men were found Halloween night by a hiker in the woods, dead. Both stabbed, one in the throat, the other in the stomach, quite graphic for such a friendly town. This town is small and everyone knows eachother. Finding the suspect would be an overwhelming challenge even for the great Sherlock Holmes. I'm no Sherlock Holmes but I know exactly what this was. Murder.
But how can one find an assassin in a crowd where everyone is a suspect. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack. Haven was no crime ridden settlement, no drugs, no mass murderers, just a simple town in the northern frontier. All until now. Everything changed by one night in the woods.
It was the talk of the town. There was no one who didn't hear of this tragic tale. All of which included in one way or another. One small town, caught in a web. A web with branching paths, so varied in fact that no one was safe.