48

Jimmy Fallon: bold 

mika: italic 

Everybody please welcome Mika Harlow! 

Hi!! Im so so happy to be here! 

So lets talk Sweetener! This your 4th album and its already sold out and at the top of the charts. I mean, this has to be impossible. You, young lady are breaking records for the fastest album to climb to the top of the charts. Dangerous woman was at number one for almost 2 weeks! Are you looking to top that?

You flatter me for real! I honestly didn't expect sweetener to blow up this big or even this fast. Its a whole new vibe for me. Saying Im looking for it to top dangerous woman would be out of character for me. I never make assumptions or even care about what others think except for my fans. Sweetener and Dangerous woman are so different from each other so I really cant compare.

How does it feel stepping out of your comfort zone for this album? This has to be the most unique thing ive ever heard from you. And for it to be so popular right now is insane as well.

I wouldn't say im stepping out of my comfort zone to be honest. I would say that im actually stepping into my comfort zone. This album is so me! Yes, ive never recorded or released something this different but its always been my taste from the start. This music feels like its playing in my soul. 

Thats far enough. Theres been tweets saying you've been working in the studio on a whole other album! Since we got so many collaborations in this album, are we expecting any new ones in the next album? If so, who would you love to collaborate with?

Gosh, I just released an album and we're already talking about the next! *mika giggles* No but in all seriousness, im always working. This is my passion and I love doing it everyday. There will be no collaborations in the next album but I actually have a lot of people I would like to collaborate with. 

BTS has contacted me multiple times asking to collaborate and I honestly am trying to hold myself back. I love them so much... they are such humble human beings but I dont want to start something I cant finish ya know? I think I am just gonna mess around and record something with them because I change my mind a lot. 

You like BTS? Who are your favorite members of the band and have you ever met them before? Are there any other international artists you would want to collaborate with?

I love BTS! I love all of them equally but if I had to pick, it would be Suga for sure. Hes so down to earth and really talented. I've had a few exchanges with the members but they were all at award shows so I was a bit flustered and I dont remember them. Im also obsessed with BLACKPINK which ive met in person before. They are so talented as well!

You seem to be a lot of artists and fans idol. How does that make you feel as an influencer and as the best singer of our generation?

It means the world to me. I try to do my best on my own and focus on myself but I end up inspiring so many people everyday! It honestly motivates me to be my best self for everyone. My fans accept me for who I am, no matter what. Ive made so many mistakes and I will continue to make mistakes and learn from them but my fans are always here. Whether its through a TMZ article or something I said, they're so supportive of me. 

Ok now that we've gotten past the professional conversations... lets talk personal life if you feel comfortable with it. You've been friends with Shawn Mendes ever since your song with him came out. Fans have suspected you guys dating and what not. So I guess im asking what your willing to say about your relationship with him.

Right now... im single. Shawn and I have been through a lot but im happy to say we're working through things right now. He brings out the best in me and hes an amazing friend to have... hes probably one of the best people ive ever met. Like I said before, we all make mistakes so its time for me to forgive and forget. Well at least try to...

By the way, thank you so much for asking instead of demanding that I tell you. Ive pretty much avoided going on talk shows these days because people are so rude. They dont care about whats going on in your life, all they care about is drama. Its so unnecessary.

Of course, thats horrible that you have to avoid going to talk shows because of people like that. We've loved having you here today! 

Thanks for having me Jimmy!