Chapter 2

Asandria walked into the Sun Temple beside Oslo as he helped her from their carriage, Oslo had instructed his guards to remain by their transportation and that summed up the attendance of de'Mist from the Founding House. Oslo thought it was unnecessary to bring along his guards when Asandria suggested. I had you and that's enough, he replied when Asandria tried to tell him about the guards; they were not only for protection but a show of power, however, she was preaching to deaf ears.

Creator's name! There was little she can do against twenty Vulcans nor there was much she can do either against a pair.

The Sun Temple was on Star Walking, the elites district of the city, where elites, citizens, and Vulcans who worshiped the sun came to do their homage. It was a white circular building with a glass dome that let the sun in during Daylight. On the first steps it was tiled with white and dark marbles which shone under the white-lights, two tall pillars supported the arch in the entrance. All Sun Temples Asandria had seen looked identically, they only vary in size and their display of wealth never passed Asandria's attention, it was no surprise the Banker choose it for his meeting. It was also where Vulcans find salvation. If there was any to be found.

Before she walked in, Asandria stopped and sensed how many Vulcans the Banker had brought with him to the meeting. Any woman who can touch Celestial, the power from the moons, can sense Radiation directly from Vulcans, mostly when they touch it. The process of touching Radiation and Celestial was like an embrace; it's all about the will and mental control. It was a complex procedure of a person who was touching Celestial, it took years to learn all the secrets of Celestial and Vulcans can learn all abilities Radiation had to offer within a year.

Asandria felt a tickling warmth within her body, it was easy to dismiss it. The Vulcans were touching as little Radiation as possible. It surprised her. It had been a very long time ago she had sensed a precise control of Radiation, it was the discipline she never thought she will witness again.

Walmer, you would have been proud, Asandria's mind lingered on the edges of her past briefly.

"Are you sure the Banker had bought twenty Vulcans with him?" Asandria asked.

"I am certain. The report was conclusive," Oslo replied

"Yet I am only sensing three Vulcans inside the temple, strange won't you say?"

Oslo paused for a moment before he can reply.

What's the point of the Banker bringing his army if he was not gonna display it?

Asandria shook her head. She will find the reason why he bought his army to Betelgeuse. Regardless, the presence of three Vulcans was not easy to come to terms with, it still made Asandria uneasy. She had her fair share of troubles with Vulcans before, she always paused when she was about to deal with a Vulcan.

She had had precious memories with a Vulcan too. She had fallen in love a few lifetimes ago.

"Probably he doesn't want to scare us," Oslo said. His eyes were focused on the entrance of the temple. "He might also be using the oldest tactic in the book, first negotiate and if that fails then use force. It might work but he will need more than twenty Vulcans to conquer us."

"Ah, but Vulcans are not interested in conquest, only dominance against Watchers, and few of them have a dream to live longer to see their daughters wed. Impossible dreams, though."

Asandria followed the source of Radiation when she entered the temple.

There were two dark wood doors that led to the dome, another door on both sides. On her left, there was a sensation of Radiation.