Chapter two

When I arrive home I am surprised to see my mothers car already in the driveway. She usually comes home late so I'm not used to her being home so early.

I open the door and hear that the t.v is on in the living room. I walk through to see my mother lying down on the sete in her scruffy tracksuit. I am now really confused, my mother never wears anything other than skirts and blouses. She's so prim and proper. Something is definitely up.

"Mum are you okay? You don't look to good." She looks up and has an expression that suggests she only just realised I was standing by the door.

"Oh Lowri, I didn't hear you come in. How was school?"

"It was okay." I reply, "But seriously mum is something up you really don't look good... no offence."

"None taken." She says with a slight smirk on her face. The good thing about my mum is that she always tries to stay strong in front of me. Ever since she divorced my dad things have been hard and no matter how many things have gone wrong she always stays strong. But I had a really bad feeling about what she'd been through today.

"Well the thing is honey... I umm... I lost my job today..." She says it with such sorrow in her voice I can feel myself start to panic. She needed that job for us to survive! What's going to happen now? I think to myself. If she doesn't have a job he won't have enough money for anything... we'll be forced into the street. I step back towards the door, the panic building up. She needed to keep that job.

"I'm really sorry Lowri, there was nothing I could do."

"No mum it's fine, it wasn't your fault."

"Are you okay hunny?" She asks, concern in her voice.

"I'm fine honest..." I say faintly, "I just need time to think." And with that I turn around and walk to the front door. I find the keys to my car and drive to the only place I can truly be myself.

The dance studio.