Chapter one

My alarm wakes me up at 6:30 the same time every morning, and to be honest life is starting to get me down. Not only is my mum trying hard to keep us alive with the little money she earns but it seems every day gets more hard and boring. Every morning I get up, go downstairs and eat the same boring breakfast, get dressed and go to school.

My school is just down the road from my house so it doesn't take long to walk there. I usually walk on my own as my mother leaves early for work and I meet my friends there.

I arrive at 8:30 and look around to see if I can see any of my friends. As I look across to the far end of the school grounds I see my closest friend Seren wave at me. I quickly walk over and try and look a lot less tired than I feel.

"Hey Lowri, how are you?"

"Great" I say unconvincingly, "How are you?"

"I'm good" she says with a wide grin. I don't know how she does it but she always seems to be in a good mood. "You seen Isabelle anywhere?" She asks.

"No sorry, I literally just got here" Isabelle is a really good friend of ours. The three of us are really close. Isabelle is usually late so we decide to head to our reg classes.

Isabelle finally arrives at 9:00. She walks through the door and no matter how late she is she always manages to look gorgeous. I'm not saying I'm jealous... promise.

Isabelle sees me from across the room and rushes over to me. "Hey Lowri, I am in such a rush today! I really need a holiday!"

I sigh and let out a little giggle "Iss your always in a rush and you just came back from a holiday!"

She giggles back and says "I know but you know me, I need time to myself"

"Yes I do know you, and trust me I wish I had as much time to myself as you do!"

"Oh shut up!" She says giggling and with that we both sit there listening to the teacher drone on about some random facts.

At lunch we meet back up with Seren. We have the usual conversation about what happened in Eastenders last night and all the celeb gossip. Yep, that's as exciting as our conversations get. Amazing right...

After lunch we all went to last lesson and then I made my way back home. I plugged my earphones in and lost myself in my music. Music is such a big part of my life, I don't know what I'd do without it.