1

I ran into the emergency room as quickly as I could. My high heels clicking with every step I took. God, please do not let it be true.
  I ran into the operating room, and my heart stopped.

  John laid down on the bed, blood pouring from out of his wounds. His face pale and wiped with fear, curly brown locks laying perfectly on his forehead.

  No, that couldn't be my John. My beautiful John.

  "NO!" I screamed, nurses and doctors turned to me, my fingers trembled as I covered my mouth. Tears streamed down my checks, oh Christ. No. God please.

  "Ma'am you need to leave, we can't have non patients-" the nurse tried to push me out but I fought back.

  "That's my husband laying on that bed! Now, you let me see him goddamn it!" I cursed, John wasn't my husband, but god forbid Yoko was gonna see him.

  I was soon released, I walked over to John and I cupped his cheek in my hand like I used to many years ago.
  "Hush now, my lovely. Be still now, don't cry.." I sung softly.

  John's eyes looked at me, I pressed my forehead against his.

  "Sleep as god takes you away, sleep and remember my last goodnight. So I'll be with you.. when you fly.." I sung.

  "C- Cynthia?" I looked down at him, his eyes started to move. I looked at him and smiled sadly.

  "Johnny, it's okay. I'm here." I whispered.

  Soon, John was being pulled into immediate surgery. John held my hand, not wanting to let go of me.
  "D- Don't leave me," John spoke through his oxygen mask.

  "Never, never in a million years." I reply.

  John then pulled me down, he took off his mask and kissed me passionately and I felt my tears run down my face. Nurses and doctors soon pulled us apart, and the only thing that held us together was our ring fingers wrapped around one another.

   "Until death.." John spoke as they separated us.

  "Do us part." I finished before he was taken into surgery. I was soon let out.

  ------

   "John Lennon?" A nurse called out, I walked over to her.

  "Surgery was successful, he's in critical condition, but, he will survive and a slow recovery might do."