1

darkness.

Am I asleep? no. I'm definitely awake. Open your eyes, F/N.

Her eyelids felt heavy as she slowly opened them. Looking around, she noticed that there was no ground beneath her. not only that, but there was nothing around her at all. The only thing she could see was a door.

A door?

"I need to go through the door." She said out loud. Why did that feel so forced? Her questions didn't matter as she started to slowly moved forward, almost as if she was floating. She hands gripped the cold metal handle as she began to slide the door open. The light inside was blinding at first, but eventually she adjusted and saw an almost tear jerking sight.

It was her classmates, and they seemed normal. Well, except for Byakuya. He seemed thicker than usual. Maybe the incident hit him harder than others. why was he here anyways? was this not just a room full of her classmates?

"Can I help you?" His voice was cold and calculated. It startled F/N and she shook herself back into....reality? It still confused her how her classmates were back to normal.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to stare." She smiled softly, her warm aura calming the tension of everyone who looked her direction.

"You don't need to apologize, it's him who should be apologizing." A voice who F/N immediately registered as Mahiru spoke up. F/N turned in her direction and thanked her, then walked to an open desk and sat down.

Her eyes scanned each familiar face that sat or stood in the room around her. Nagito was propped against the wall, Nekomaru was standing near the door, Mikan was practically collapsing in on herself, and everyone else was scattered around the room. It felt nice to see everyone again, under such weird circumstances. She was also shocked to see Chiaki sitting a seat over from her, but it's not like she was complaining. She would have done anything to see chiaki again.

The class sat around in silence, the only major sounds being the ticking of a clock somewhere in the room and Nekomaru's constant grumbling and groaning. F/N rapped her foot against the floor in anticipation. Was anything gonna happen?

Her question was answered quickly when a brown haired boy pushed open the door. He looked startled to see so many students sitting in the seats in front of him.

"Who goes there?" Someone snapped at him. Watching his mannerisms, F/N identified him as Hajime Hinata, a reserve course student that her and Chiaki hung out with once. But she thought he was expelled..? Too many questions ran through her head and she pinned her hands against her ears.

"Um, are you feeling alright? You look quite pale." The sweet, rich voice of Sonia Nevermind slipped through the gaps of her fingers, causing her to take her hands off her ears. Hajime stuttered, but nothing of substance came out.

"Hey, could you be....You're one of the freshman at this school, right?" Mahiru pointed her finger at him, and once again he stuttered. F/N silently groaned and ran her hand through her hair, pushing her headband out in the process. I'll pick it up later she thought.

"See for yourself, we're all freshman too." Kazuichi said, standing next to a group of storage compartments. F/N turned her head back to look at him, and he looked back. He sounded as if he just met these people for the first time....hadn't they all gone to school together?

"I assume....freshmen like us were gathered in this classroom." Chiaki spoke up. F/N smiled at Soda before looking away and turning to the short haired gamer. Did they really not remember each other?

"Why don't you come inside for now?" Byakuya (..?) said, beckoning Hajime inside. Hajime still stood by the door, a bead of sweat slipping to just above his brow.