Preface

Sometimes it's time and distance what you need to get your thoughts in order. Memories that come back to haunt you, wanted or unwanted, never disappear overnight. The sense of loneliness, of being left behind. The feeling of being lost that you once thought would never go away, replaced by a newfound confidence on you are and on whom you were always meant to be.

It's been three months since Katherine Marsen came back to Gotham. Three months that had been exclusively reserved for getting her head straight once again. Days spend trying to face her reality once again. Nights spent blending with the darkness of Gotham's nights, jumping from rooftop to rooftop, catching up on the adrenaline she had dearly missed.

But Gotham wasn't the only one missing her. It had been three months since they had seen her. And despite the late nights and early mornings they allowed themselves to have, they both missed each other dearly. For it had been shy of four months they had met again, only to be separated a few weeks after.

However, they had always complemented each other. And as one falls the other rises. He would seem himself hard to find. She believed to have found herself again by the time those three months ended. But secrets never stay hidden and finding the truth could never be easy.