CHAPTER FIVE: UNSHARED MEMORIES

A/N: hey sorry it's been sooo long, i had writers block and then i had exams and then some issues and felt pretty down and i coulnd't write. anyways, thank you if you still have this on your library. i hope you all are staying safe and healthy, please let me know what you think of thsi chapter xx

I feel Dick's fingers tracing my arm up and down before I fully wake up. The warm, soft and nearly unperceivable touches leaving goosebumps on the cold skin that's not covered by one of his t-shirts. I allow myself one more moment of calm before opening my eyes, one last moment of peace.

I hadn't slept much last night and neither did he. After taking us and the new boy into the tower, Kory took care of him and Jason while Dick cleaned my wounds and ran me a bath. The events of last night weren't the worse thing I faced. Not by a long shot. Back in Gotham I had been tortured both mentally and physically, I had fallen from great heights, I had been beaten and taken worse memories with me. And yet somehow, last night hunted me more than the others.

Was it because it wasn't just my life at the stake? Was it my fear of watching Jason being buried with the rest of my family? Was it the fear of losing someone, a fear I had so long forgotten about? Whatever it was, it tasted bittersweet.

I roll to the side, coming face to face with Dick. His brown eyes watch me carefully as he offers me a warm smile in return to mine. His hand comes to push s lock of blonde hair out of my face, caressing my cheek while being careful to not touch the healing cut on it.

"Good morning."

"Good morning. Do you want me to go for coffee? Rachel and Kory did a coffee run this morning and brought one for you."

"I'll get it later." He nods softly; eyes still fix on my face as I raise myself to sit next to him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"I think we should leave the lying to me. You're awful at it, Grayson."

"You nearly die." He finally says, voice only a whisper but full of regret and sorrow. "I nearly lost you and it was my fault."

"Dick-"

"You and Jason could've died. Jason should have been dead, if it wasn't for that guy appearing out of nowhere. Deathstroke would've killed you. Because of me."

I stay in silence and so does him. What would I say? "It's not your fault." It wasn't his fault, not entirely but he wasn't empty of blame and he knew that. I knew that. Whatever happened with Deathstroke, it was more personal with Dick. He hated the rest of the Titans –and after being with them two days, I couldn't say I blamed him for that.

He had gotten Jason to taunt Dick. He had gotten Robin to hurt the former one. The rest of the team were irritating accomplices, but Deathstroke deemed Dick guilty of the crime. Whatever that crime was.

"What happened between you and Deathstroke?" I ask but cut him as soon as he tries to talk. "If you say "old Titans business" one more time, I'm breaking up with you."

"We have a past. It's not something I like to talk about."

"I don't think you have luxury of not talking about it anymore."

"Kat-"

"No. Jason nearly died, Dick. And it's not your fault but, you owe a reason why to him. You all owe it to all of them. Deahtstroke is not only coming you guys. He's coming for them too. They're may be kids but they are not ordinary kids. They have the right to know." I say before running a hand down my hair. "Plus, we need to start being honest with each other. I'm not stupid, and ever since Rose appeared, since we knew who she is. You've been acting strange. You can pretend it's not happening, or that it's because of the bad blood between you and Hank. Whatever you want it to be. I know you better than that. I know something is wrong and I know you're holding off something. You always did but you never hided it well. Little has changed."