CHAPTER THREE: SIDES

We stand in front of the computed, waiting for Dick to say something. Rose Wilson was dangerous; her training came from Slade, the missing eye a reminder of daddy dearest. Even if he didn0t day it out loud yet, Dick was not going to let her go. Not when Deathstroke was after her, not when she had a death sentence written and signed.

"Is that somebody you know?"

"Kinda. Old Titans business." Dick vaguely replies, not wanting to share whatever happened during those "old Titans business".

"Jagged." Gar says, letting the info display on the computer's screen. "Former Delta force commando, part of selected soldiers who underwent a series of experimental bio enhancements. Out of the thirty five trials, the only one to survive was Slade Wilson."

"He did a number on them, that's for sure." I comments from behind them all. The crime scene photos displayed were just a little proof of how dangerous that man was. He had bested thirty-four enhanced trained soldiers. Beheaded them and even tore them apart.

"Interpol says he retired years ago after the death of his son Jericho. I-I tried having the computer files-"

"I'll take it from here." Grayson cuts him off, shutting down the screen.

Rachel looks at him before turning to look at me but I just shake my head. This wasn't just for Rose now. It wasn't a stray kid that made him act out. Wilson did. This was becoming personal, and hardly ever works out victimless.

The alarm system goes off and Donna, Dawn and Hank appear on the screen, the three of them clearly pissed off. Rachel smiles before running out the room, Gar and Jason following after her easily.

When Dick turns around his eyes meet mine and I raise an eyebrow at him. He scratches the back of his neck, breathing out loudly. We hadn't worked out yesterday's argument, and this wasn't exactly a point on his favor. But I knew him in this mood, it was a pretty frequent one when we were kids, and he wasn't going to tell me anything so I just push myself off the wall and walk to meet the rest.

"Well this is a surprise."

"Hi Dawn." I smile at the blonde beauty who hugs me happily. "Dick told what happened, I'm sorry."

"Thank you."

"Hey, Donna. Where's Kory?"

"Florida, I think."

"Why would she do that to herself?" I chuckle, hiding my hands on the pockets of Dick's black hoodie.

"Where you followed?" Dick says, entering the room. Hank sends him a look, asking him just how stupid he thinks they are and he nods. "Could you guys give us a minute, please?"

Gar and Rachel turn to look at him, clearly not happy about being excluded but not really wanting to start a fight. After all they were the old Titans, and even if they didn't like to be treated as such, they were kids.

"Jason, Kat, you too." Jason sights, annoyance displayed on his face. Should have seen that one coming. Jason catches up to me and we leave the room, taking the hallway to the rooms but before we do so, I see the look Donna questioning look Donna gives the eldest Wayne.

"The fuck are we gonna do?"

"You're going to your room and do whatever you teenage boys do. I'm gonna have some girl talk." I tell Jason, walking pass his room until Rose's newly acquired one.

I open the door and she's lying on the bed. Her eyes focused on the ceiling above her, white hair falling messily all around her. She moves her head in acknowledgement and scoffs. I walk to lean on the edge of the wood table, eyes fix on her.