03 • leaving

* Dakota Fanning as Emily Christy *

* 3 years ago *

I went to my room after what happened. It's been one week since the rejection that only Courtney knows about. She was so angry at first that she even tried to barge into Damien's room but I luckily talked her out of it.

She would have had to face punishment for disrespecting an Alpha and it wasn't pretty to say the least.

Pain has been so constant in my life. I've learned to bare it but what I wasn't prepared for was the pain I felt after two days following the rejection.

I felt like all of the pain in the world was forced upon my being and it literally felt like my heart would tear into two. I couldn't even breath and the next thing I know darkness consumed my vision and I blacked out.

It was later that day when I was found by Courtney. I was lying on my bedroom floor in a heap with purple and black bruises covering my stomach, thighs and my hands.

I couldn't understand what caused it so I asked Courtney. When she was about to reply, I could see the look of pity and hesitancy on her face. I could feel the agonizing pain as she told me.

"I'm sorry for being the one to inform you and that you're going through this, but this kind of pain takes place to let you know when your other half is having sexual intercourse with someone other than you. Hence the reason why there are bruises littering your body." Courtney said and it didn't take a genius to figure out what my mate, Damien was doing and with who, Emily.

My whole world shattered and my wolf was constantly whimpering. Later on she blocked me and retreated into the back of my mind and has not made her presence known since.

I have been ignoring Emily since Damien arrived and I would flee the moment I'd see her try to approach me. I guess that she later caught on to the fact that I was trying to avoid her but she didn't know why.

I felt bad though but seeing him and her together was too much for me to handle.

I stumbled upon Damien one day after the whole blacking out scene and he knew from my facial expression that I knew that he had sex with Emily and he didn't even try to deny nor explain it.

I have been staying more in my room. Going out only when I'm hungry and at midnight while everyone in the pack is asleep. Courtney comes and checks upon me constantly but she knows that I need time to taken in things.

- - - - -

Courtney had been the one to come and tell me about what had been going on within the pack house.