Chapter 1

I love you, to the moon and back.

The musty, gross smell is extremely unpleasent. There is dust everywhere, and I can't see anything. Darkness. That is all I see. Not only is it bad enough that my parents locked me up, but in the attic? I hear the laughs and simple talk. But I see nothing. My parents want this high class life style. but I guess wearing All-Stars with my dress is extremely frowned upon. I didn't choose this lifestyle, my parents forced it upon me. I don't like the fancy dresses and make up. I'm a very, very secluded person. The one person I open up to is Michael. He's my best friend. He's one of my only friends. We've both made a couple bad choices. The room below gets a little quieter. The attic door opens up, and sure enough, there's Michael. He looks so cute in his tux. Also very goofy. I can tell he's a little tense because he's uncomfortable and that the people downstairs don't really like him. He probably wore some high tops, too.

"Hey," he smiles at me.

"Come join the club. We have cake." I smile back at him.

"You do?" His eyes light up as he climbs in and closes the door.

"No. Sorry," I laugh. He pouts and looks at me with his bright green eyes. The same eyes that I fell in love with, but he still doesn't know. At least I think so. I laugh s he makes his way over to me and he sits against the wall. The party had already resumed and I could hear my parents frantically apologizing.

"They really don't understand me." I mumble.

"What?" Mikey looks at me.

"Nothing." I look at my shoes. He grabs my chin with his thumb and index finger and makes me look at him.

"What is it?" He asks me.

I grab his hand and take it off my chin. "Come one. You don't want to hear me talk."

"You're right. I asked you to talk to me, but I don't want to listen." He looks at me seriously. "You know. No one understands me. Except, well, you." I glance up at him, then back at my shoes. I aught a glimpse of him blushing.

"Thanks Chris." He barely says. His voice cracked, like it always does.

"I know how you feel." He murmurs again.

"I'm sorry what?" I laugh. He's never open like this to me. Not even in the slightest bit. "You heard me." He smiles.

"I know how you feel." He says louder.

"Okay, don't go mushy on me tough boy." I laugh and poke his shoulder. "Whatever," he looks at his shoes, runs his hand through his hair and sighs.

"You didn't have to dye your hair black you know."

"I know. But I missed when my hair was black, so yeah."

The attic door flew open again and Savannah popped up. "Oh sorry, did I-"

"No, you're fine." Mikey cuts in. He hates it when people think we're dating or having a "moment".

Savannah looked at him shocked for a second. He did cut in rather rudely.

"Sorry," he murmurs. She climbs in and closes the door. "What's up with the party?" Savannah asks as she walks over to us.

"Just a party. And my parents are super mad at me because I wore high tops. Then Mikey showed up. Now you're here." I put on a fake smile that Mikey knows too well. He took a big breath and smiled.

"Come on. Lets leave" He breaths out. He walks over to the door, getting more and more tense. I stand up and follow him. I touch his hand then open the door. Savannah follows us out and we walk right out of the house. Once we're outside Mikey loosens up and takes a deep breath. Savannah smiles at the both of us.

"Is he always like this," she whispers.

"Pretty much," I laugh. "I'm not an idiot," he laughs. "Or deaf."

We walked around for a while, not really doing anything. Then Mikey had the idea that we should dye our hair. Savannah smiled at the idea. Her and her boyfriend, Langston, dye their hair a lot. Langston has blonde hair, but currently, it's black. I'm not super into dying my hair, but this time, I'll do it.

"Sure." I say some what confidentially. "Sounds fun." Mikey and Savannah look at me. They know I'm not into this stuff, so I'm not surprised that they're shocked.

"Chris, I was kidding." Mikey says, trying to convince me not to.

"Yeah but I wasn't." They both continue to stare at me.

"Well, are we going, or not." I smile. They shrugged and looked at me.

"Sure," they said in unison.

Omg i hope you guys like this. Its pretty boring but i promise it gets better!
XOXO