Jessa

A ringing noise aroused me from my slumber that signalled that we landed. I turned to glance at Michael to find he was also asleep. He looked so relaxed, almost like a kitten. I decided to shake him awake.

"Hey, Michael. We're in Australia." his green eyes fluttered and his mouth released a small moan.

"Jessssaa." he whine, but sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye. It was a fun few minutes of talking." I said and got up to meet my parents.

"How was your flight?" Dad asked politely.

"Great." I said sarcastically, "do I have to go to school tommorrow?"

"Yes, we already got you registered. We have your uniform all ready." Mom said cheerily.

"Uniform?" I said, well this is going to be fun. The family went to the luggage center and began the search for our suitcases. I spotted Michael on the end hugging a group of guys. That must be his band. I saw my shiny black suitcase and grabbed it, glad it had survived the flight.

Once we got all of our things, we called a taxi. After Mom gave the address, the driver sped off and I was excited to see my new home. In about 10 minutes, the drver pulled up to a giant white house with red trimming. It was surrounded my similar houses.

"Wow, this place looks amazing!" I said to no one in particular. My dad nodded in agreement.

~time lapse to after they settled in wth all their furniture~

"I'm going to say hi to the neighbors. Want to come with?" Mom asked.

"Ehh, I don't like people. Plus im awfully jetlagged." I responded.

"Okay." and with that she left me alone with my new tv.

"What to watch.." I muttered to myself. I saw that Sherlock re-runs were playing. I turned to BBC channel to find The Empty Hearse on the screen. I emmersed myself in Anderson's silly theories and John's mustache. Sometimes, I wish I lived in a tv show.

After the two hour long show, Mom came back from the neighboor's house.

"Oh sweetie, you are going to love our neighbors. Theres an older son who is about 20, a girl around your age (a/n I'm making Lauren 18 whoops), and a young boy about 9." well, I was glad to hear I had a girl whoI could hang out with.

"Also, here's your school uniform." she added and threw me a horrible looking plaid skirt and a white button up shirt, fully equiped with a tie and a navy blue blazer. Aka, a torture device.

I ran upstairs to my new room and threw the uniform on my bed. The new bed had a white canopy surrounding it and a chestnut colored headboard. I glanced around my room. The color was purple, but I had already covered the walls with posters of my favorite bands and actor, pictures of my friends and I, and drawings. You could barely see the colored pigment.

I decided to go hunting for a socket to charge my phone. I needed to call everyone and tell them I arrived okay.

While waiting for it to charge, I layed on my bed and began reading The City of Bones by: Cassandra Clare. I was re-reading it, of course.

I woke up the next day. Unknowingly, I had fallen asleep while reading. With a start, I realized that I have school. I began to have a small panic attack. What if I don't fit in? What if I'm labeled as a freak? What is I don't make friends? I began to hyperventilate.

Slowly, my breathing became regular as I swallowed my petty fears. I slipped on the skirt and tucked the button-up into it. The tie was a clip on, and I only buttoned up one button on the jacket. Because the only fashion freedom I got were my shoes, I chose my bright neon yellow converse. That should make a statement!