Faith

ABANDONED HOUSE
Night

The growls of the Impala and Camaro can be heard coming up the driveway of an abandoned house. Sam and Dean park and open the trunk. Dean removes two tasers. Willow parks behind the Impala and comes around with another taser.
"What'd you get those amped up to?" Sam asks his older siblings
"A hundred thousand volts," Dean answers
"A hundred fifty volts," Willow answered looking at the brothers
"Damn." Sam whistles
"Yeah, I want this rawhead extra frickin' crispy. And remember, you only get one shot with these things. So make it count."  Willow reminds the boys before walking into the house.
The three Winchesters move down the basement stairs with guns and flashlights.
Hearing a noise, they move toward a cupboard.
"On three. One. Two. Three." Dean whispers, counting down on his fingers.
Dean swings open the door, and a young boy and girl are crouched inside, covering their ears.
"Is it still here?" Willow asks, the children nod
"Ok. Grab your sister's hand, come on, we gotta get you out of here. Let's go, let's go." They move towards the stairs. "Alright, go!" Willow motions for the kids to go with Sam
Sam starts to take the children upstairs, and a hand grabs his legs, knocking him back down. The children scream and run to the top of the stairs.
"Sam!" Dean and Willow shout.
Dean shoots the taser but misses.
"Sam, get 'em outta here!" Willow shouts while looking around for the creature
Sam throws his taser to Dean. "Here take this!"
Sam runs up the stairs and moves the children out of sight.
Willow and Dean move around the basement on high alert, shining their torches into corners. "Come on!" Willow yells
A ragged, hairy creature leaps up and shoves Willow backward. She loses her weapons and flashlight as she falls. Willow glances around and scrambles across puddles of water to grab the taser, but she's too late, and Dean releases his taser at the creature, electrocuting him. Electricity moves from the creature through the puddle, to Willow. They both shake and twitch, the creature falls, Willow loses consciousness.
Sam runs down the stairs and sees Willow in the corner, unmoving.
"Willow!" Sam shouts, running over to her and half lifts her, holding her face. Dean is in shock, from almost killing his sister.
"Willow, hey. Hey." Sam tries to keep Willow conscious.
"Dean, what did you do?" Sam looks up to his brother
"I...I don't know Sam, I...I saw the o... opportunity a...and took it." Tears can be seen building up in Dean's eyes.

HOSPITAL
Sam stands at the desk with a receptionist.
"Sir, I'm so sorry to ask. There doesn't seem to be any insurance on file." The receptionist addresses Sam
"Right. Uh, ok." Sam removes a card from his wallet and hands it to the receptionist.
"Okay, Mr. Burkovitz." The receptionist says skeptically
Sam sees two cops waiting and walks over.
"Look, we can finish this up later." The officer says to Sam
"No, no, it's okay. We were just taking a shortcut through the neighborhood. And, um, the windows were rolled down, we heard some screaming when we drove past the house, and we stopped. Ran in." Sam lies
"And you found the kids in the basement?" The officer questions
"Yeah."
"Well, thank God you did."
Sam sees a doctor walking towards them.
"Excuse me," Sam says to the officers
"Sure. Thanks for your help." The officers excuse him
"Hey, Doc. Is she..." Sam starts
"She's resting." The Doctor tells Sam
"And?" Sam raises a brow
"The electrocution triggered a heart attack. Pretty massive, I'm afraid. Her heart...it's damaged."
"How damaged?" Sam starts to get worried
"We've done all we can. We can try to keep her comfortable at this point. But I'd give her a couple of weeks, at most, maybe a month," the doctor assures him.
"No, no. There's, there's...gotta be something you can do, some kind of treatment." Sam argues with him
"We can't work miracles. I really am sorry." The doctor looks down solemnly
Sam walks away, looking upset.

HOSPITAL ROOM
Willow is watching TV. She is pale and has dark circles under her eyes. Dean is by her side, having not said anything since the incident happened. Sam enters. Willow keeps her eyes on the TV.
"Have you ever actually watched daytime TV? It's terrible." Willow says sounding weak.
Sam shakes his head and sighs "I talked to your doctor."
"That fabric softener teddy bear. Oh, I'm gonna hunt that little bitch down." Willow announces eagerly
"Willow" Sam tries to get her attention
Dean looks up, as well.
Willow sounding resigned and clicking the TV off, finally looks up. "Yeah. All right, well, looks like you're gonna leave town without me."
"What are you talking about? I'm not gonna leave you here. Either of you here" Sam looks to his older siblings.
"Hey, you better take care of my car. I know you boys like to use one car, but seriously don't just leave it somewhere to collect dust and die. Or, I swear, I'll haunt your ass." Willow says in all seriousness, looking at both boys.
"I don't think that's funny." Dean finally speaks up
"Oh, come on, it's a little funny." Willow looks at him, with a small smirk.
There is a long silence, Sam and Dean look down, fighting tears. Willow sighs.
"Look, Sammy, Dean, what can I say, man? It's a dangerous gig. I drew the short straw. That's it, end of story."
"Don't talk like that, alright? We still have options." Sam argues
"What options? Yeah, burial or cremation. And I know it's not easy. But I'm gonna die. And you can't stop it."
"Watch me." Sam walks out of the room
Willow looks to Dean. "Hey, it wasn't your fault. These things happen. HELL, it was probably about my time anyway with everything, I've been through in the last year."
"You don't get it do you?" Dean looks to Willow fighting tears. "I almost killed you. If i had been one second late, and you had released your taser; those 150 volts would have killed you in an instant. And I don't think I could live with myself if I let my older sister die from something like that." Willow sits there in shock from what Dean has just said.
Silence, that's all there is. Willow doesn't know how to answer what her brother has just said to her. So Dean quietly gets up without another word and leaves the room.
"Dean." Willow finally calls out
He turns around to Willow, tears running down her face.
"I didn't know, okay... When I left my position on that hunt oh so long ago. I didn't know that Okami was right behind you when I left. I...I went to check on a noise when I came back to you bleeding to death. I...I didn't...know w...what to do. You...you we...were pre...pretty much dead." Willow is now sobbing into her hands from the guilt of not telling Dean this for so long.
"Willow?" She looks up at Dean, her eyes puffy and red from the waterfalls that were coming out of her eyes.
"Di...did I die?" Dean asks skeptically
Then Willow breaks; she becomes historical. This strong, well-composed, confident, stubborn, protective sister somehow turns into a sobbing mess. Dean doesn't know what to do other than comfort her. All the while, questions are building up in his mind.
"When did he die? How did he come back to life? Did Dad or Sammy know about this? Is this why she disappeared for that year?"
While he was thinking, Willow slowly became exhausted and relaxed into a deep slumber, in Dean's arms.