Preschool

Vernon tapped his foot. He was in his favourite brown armchair. He was continuously sat up and open the empty cupboard under the stairs before coming back to sit back down. He was not going to let that... boy go to the same preschool as his precious Duddlikins. He lounged around for a few more minutes and opened up his phone. He smirked and cheered. There was a preschool at Hampstead. It would take 52 minutes but it was better than having freak showing his freakishness and embarrassing Dudley on his first day of school. He took a swig of his drink and went to see if that idiotic boy had finished making dinner.

 "Vernon! You missed dinner! It was a good thing that freak made tons of food for us. Your pie is baking over there. Vernon smiled and stepped towards the oven and took out his pie. He licked his lips and sat down on the chair. Little Harry poked out from behind the corner and wondered how long it would be until that poor chair broke. He went back to reading his book before it got torn off by Dudley. Luckily, he had another one next to him.

"Mum! Harry's reading a book!" Dudley shouted from down the hall. Harry tried to block out the booming voice and turned the page of his book. It was a novel called the'Secret Garden'. 

 "Leave him be Dudley! After all, he needs it." Petunia shouted from the dining room. After all, a freak is a freak who doesn't know English... Right?

"It's a super long book as well! Shouldn't he be punished!" Dudley screamed back. If there was anything he could do to get Harry in trouble, he would do it. There was no stopping the little tyke. 

"What's it called?" She asked.

"Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland! Pathetic isn't it?" (Random book, no hate!) 

"Where the hell did he get that from?"

"I found it and it seemed interesting. Especially the magical parts!" Harry finally commented. 

"Nobody asked you freak!"

"But I thought-"

"No 'But you thought'!" Harry sighed and went into his cupboard to read. He could hear Vernon's feet movements. He rolled up into a ball and burrowed his head into himself. The footsteps got closer.

 "Get out here boy!" Harry reluctantly came out and waited for a beating.

 "There is no such thing as magic!" The three-year-old Harry shuddered and waited for his beating once more. It finally came down and hit him straight on the back. Harry whimpered slightly.

"If I here a sound come out of you, it's a week in the cupboard." Harry silenced himself and mentally screamed in his head. He was thrown into his cupboard. Harry heard a lock click. 

"Don't think I'd let you get away with it! 2days! Be thankful it's Friday!" His uncle shouted from outside. Harry sighed but smiled. He was starting school soon! He hadn't got much of the education like Dudley but, hey, he knew more. That's what mattered right now. He grabbed the Secret Garden and picked up from where he left off.  The door made a click when Harry had read out loud 'unlock'. He hadn't heard of the word before but noticed that his door was open. 

"Lock." Harry said. The door didn't lock. Harry moved his hand over the knob and the door miraculously locked. He smirked. He moved his hand the opposite direction and it unlocked. He kept this secret to himself. Magic was real. Maybe how they described it in his book, but better than no magic at all. 

The two days passed easily. Harry often snuck food once he knew how to unlock the door. He got dressed in his best clothes (which weren't the nicest) and went outside. He had his bag packed with a few books and some food he snuck in. He had his blanket and extra clothes. He stumbled out of his cupboard and sat in the backseat of the car. "You'll have to wait, boy." Vernon had said angrily. Dudley stuck out his tongue as they drove off. Dudley was dropped off and Harry waited for 52 minutes before they arrived.