⭐5⭐

Kaito's POV

I woke up to the sound of gentle humming. I half opened my eyes to see Maki tying her hair into twin-tails.

"Mornin' Makiroll..."

She turns and looks at me, a slight blush across her face.

"Good morning."

Makiroll was already dressed and she had folded the hoodie I gave her and set it on my desk.

"Did you sleep okay?"

"Yes, I did."

"Good."

We sat in silence for a few minutes. Maki finished getting ready while I went into the bathroom to change.

"Hey, you can keep that hoodie if you want. I don't wear it anymore."

She picked up the hoodie and mumbled a 'Thank you'.

"I know you need to go home and all but it's still kinda early and I know a place that's really nice at this time so wanna go?"

"Where is it?"

"it's this really nice public garden near here! I've only been once or twice before and it was by myself but I really like it... So, wanna go?"

Maki thought about it for a second before nodding her head.

"Alright! Oh- I should probably leave a note for Grandma to tell her where we are..."

I quickly wrote a note and stuck it on my bed before leaving with Makiroll to go to the garden.

We got there quite fast as it isn't far from my apartment. As we walked through the gate I thought I could see Maki's eyes light up, at least a little bit.

The gardens at this time of year we're really pretty, especially in the morning. The cherry blossom trees were in full bloom and the grass still had early morning dew on it.

The only people there where the occasional gardener and one or two people walking alone. But there was also...

"Oh my God! Its Ms Assasin bitch and the Purple-hair idiot!"

The blond girl who gave me Maki's number and a... Robot? Yeah, a robot was "walking with her.

"What are you two doing here?"

"I wanted to study some plants but I didn't want to go alone so I asked Miu to accompany me"

"So what are YOU two doing here?"

"Kaito had asked me to come with him here."

"Oh! Do you like plants as well?"

The robot turn to me and asked.

"Oh... W-well, I don't study plants or anything but I like how they look and stuff."

"Well, that's understandable. Flowers are supposed to look bright and pretty too-"

"Yeah Yeah. Nobody cares about your plant facts Kiibo! Anyway, you two out here on a date or something?"

I felt my face go hot when she had asked that. Thankfully, Makiroll answered for me.