Chapter 5

Alexs POV

“Those are all the papers you need to bring with you during your seminar. Your companions would be Sarah, Meghan, Noel and Daniel.  Sarah knows the location so no need to tell you now. Good Luck” our team manager said as she handed me the stack of folders and envelopes.

I smiled a too obvious fake smile before thanking her. She turned around and left huriedly.

I sigh and glanced at the paperworks. I have been assigned to be the leader at this incoming seminar because our team manager is very busy. They just informed me about the two week seminar yesterday.

I'm just so thankful that Janet is now a full time nanny to Sammy.

*Flashback 1 week ago*

These past years have been very hard for me. I fell to many times. I considered to do the act of ending my life but then I thought of my son. What will happen to him if i don't exist anymore? No one will take care of him. I made my son as my inspiration. So, instead of giving up, I strived harder, worked harder, and I always pushed myself to always stand up after a fall.

I tried so many jobs: waiter, janitor, on-call cleaning service, etc.

Because of the will to live, I went beyond my comfort zone. I worked at a gay club. I seduce men and make them think that I want have sex with them for money. But they gave me money without us, having sex. How, you ask?

Well, I let them drink and drink and wait until they are really drunk, I fool them into giving me money then I lead them into a private room. I'll undress them and let them sleep in the bed. So when they woke up in the morning, they thought that we had sex. It may be funny sometimes but it was super effective. No one even doubted when they wake up.

These happenings in my life made me strong and cold sometimes. And instead of crying when my so-called mother called, I snapped at her.

“I don't care if you are my mother! If your calling again to tell me you hate me, th-” she cut me off before I finished my sentence.

“No it's not like that. I called because I got something to tell you...” she said while sobbing.

“And what is that?” I asked with an annoyed tone. “Im sorry...” her sobbing getting louder.

“SORRY? YOU CALLED ME BECAUSE YOU WANTED TO SAY SORRY!? YOU COULD HAVE DONE THAT A LONG TIME AGO. DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME AGAIN!” I shouted bck at the phone and ended the call.

Then I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Then my bedroom door opened and without a second to waste, Sammy ran at my direction, hugging me tightly. While Janet leaned at the doorframe.
“Daddy, are you okay?” my son asked. I didn't answer right away. Then my he began sobbing at my chest. This makes me smile and every negative energy on me just flew out the window.

My scowling face is replaced with a bright smile. “Shhh...Daddy is perfectly fine.” I gently told him while while patting at his back.

He glanced up at me with a tear strained face and a bright smile that is very similar to mine.

Then Janet yelled from downstairs. I haven't noticed her leave a while ago. “Guys! Breakfast is ready!”

I carried Sammy and let him stand on the floor.

“Race you!” he told me while running out the door, to the stairs, and into the kitchen. I chuckle and went after him.

“So, what magical food did you eat that made you come early and cook breakfast?” I asked Janet while eating.