16: Reunion

Picture of Mason Chafer (^^)

Chapter 16 - Reunion.

Oliver

I turned and stretched on my bed, although I had one, I usually don't need the aid of an alarm clock to get up from bed. I suppose one can say my mum made sure I was well disciplined, by the way it was Saturday. Who needed an alarm? Most importantly who needed to wake up early on a weekend?

I rolled over to every side of the bed and stretched every part of my body before reaching out to grab my phone, it was 9:30. Well I'd been awake long before now, just decided to stay in bed because I'm Oliver and I've brown hair. Also because it's real cozy with all these pillows and my really soft, yet thick duvet.

I coiled myself up bringing the duvet up to cover my face, I sighed. There's absolutely no other day in the week like this one.

I'd spent the previous night talking with Khalid on the phone, for hours, and he was just a hallway or two away from me. Or maybe a confusion and a little misdirection away because getting to his room was still a bit of a struggle for me, either way I loved every single minute of the time I spent talking with him.

We talked about random things: highschool, politics and the way it differs from one country to another, school and lectures, shoes and cars, we even had an argument over smoothies or shakes. He had the best things to say and always had an advice for me after every topic or argument.

Yes he tried to get me to reason with him on smoothies being almost a hundred times better than shakes. I can't blame him.

He spoke like a very experienced adult, and well in reality he was. Despite being just two years older than I was, his advices didn't bother me at all, if anything it just showed that he cared a great deal for me. Me on the other hand, having little to almost no experience at all, still had a lot to contribute and he listened to me and picked quite a lot from the things I said, just as I did with his words.

The feeling I willingly let myself bask in pricked me hard and continuously at the back of my mind. I couldn't help but fervently admire him, I also had nasty imaginations and I felt myself get more attracted, than I already was, to him and he did nothing but treat me with so much friendliness.

I rolled to the edge of my bed, then I slowly let myself fall to the ground. Groaning, with my face flat on the floor I mumbled complaints at it, why did I even do this to myself. When my bare skin came in contact with the cold tiles I yelped and shot up. The fall wasn't as soft as I intended it to be, and the floor was incredibly cold, it stung me.

I took care of myself; I emptied my bladder. I always empty my bladder in the morning, then downed an ample drink of water afterwards. I then proceeded to clean up my room, even though it wasn't disarranged, I had some laundry lying around in the wrong places. A well deserved breakfast was next, I had spaghetti and sauce.