Reasons

Unknown POV, A day before John and Shimmer woke up...

"Welcome back to the D'! So you did what I asked didn't you babygirl?" Keegan asks one of "his girls".

"Yes." The girl names Sydney grudgingly responds.

She hated that she had to do what she did to appease her captor-Keegan, but she knew all too well that she did what she had to do- or so she thought. Sydney struggled to hold back her tears as she saw Keegan and some of his men at the round table in the middle of the club.

"So, I trust that it was a success!" Keegan extends his callous hands towards the pretty stripper. Sydney declines and gives Keegan a tight smile, ignoring his invitation.

"Dorin slapped me so hard I spat blood. I did everything you asked Keegan." Sydney pleaded with her "boss".

"Yes, yes you did! Now what do you want?" Keegan ask her while staring at her while blowing the smoke from his cigar in her direction.

Sydney almost felt pure shock and disgust. She risked the life and hers to do what this scum bucket wanted only for him to act as if he can't keep up the end of the bargain!

"I- I Keegan you told me I can stop whoring, stripping, I'm tired and I just- I paid my debt off years ago. I kept tracked! Please..." Sydney cried out.

"Listen... honey, baby girl. You have no skills, no education, your moms still is a druggie, and you want her to be safe don't you? Where do you think a girl like you with your skill set is actually gonna end up? Think about it! Don't think too much, now go out and make some money!" Keegan shouts his demand.

Sydney shakes her head and walks out Keegan's Office.

"I'm so sorry Cree... I literary am." Sydney says right before she puts on her fake smile and walks into the crowd inside the club.

**********

John Doe's POV, present day...

"Yes, is this Dr. Carson? Yes- oh yeah, Molly told me to give you call. What do I want? Well, long story short my friend and I need your help- Molly said you wouldn't mind. Okay, okay so what time should we be there, where are you located? Alright I'm writing it down now. A hundred-eighteen Silver Road? Okay! Perfect! See you in a couple hours!" Shimmer says while writing down address in her little journal she's been writing in since we left Molly's place.

Shimmer and I are currently in Wisconsin. We stopped at a gas station with a phone booth to call Carson. My plan for us is to figure out what we were drugged with, once we figure that out, I should be able to ask the right questions of where and how you can access the drug, once I figure out where or who is a distributor of the drug - I will confront them and demand information. I struggled not to snap as I was becoming more in more frustrated with my mental state.

'I don't know who I was before this, or who she was to me before this, but I do know this- I am not going down without a fight!'

I was almost so lost in my thoughts I didn't realize that there was a drunk man trying to speak to Shimmer. She appeared to be very uncomfortable and for some reason it made me beyond infuriated. Despite my judgement I stayed put. Making a scene wouldn't be good for her or I.

"You're really pretty like one of those girls on TV." The drunk man slurred out to her.

"T-Thank you! I have to head over to my friend." Shimmer said while giving the man a smile.