PROLOGUE

Louis's P.O.V.

I yelped as the thunder rumbled after a blinding flash of lightning. The rain pelt down in heavy sheets and the wind howled loudly. At the age of 20, I was still as afraid of thunderstorms as I was at 6 years old. I flinched and I retreated under the blankets as much as was possible, feeling warm tears slide down my cheeks. The thunder was now rumbling with barely any quiet intervals between each clap. I jumped and another yelp escaped my mouth as the loudest clap of thunder yet cracked like a whip. I curled up into a fetus form and whimpered, more tears falling on my bare knees. Another roll of thunder rumbled, but this time it lasted for at least 2 minutes, and I found myself screaming. I clamped my mouth shut and tensed as I heard footsteps down the corridor. The 'pad-pad' noises came to a stop just outside my door and the door creaked open. I pulled the blankets down so that my eyes were peering over the top. A mass of curls appeared, followed by a long torso and equally long legs. My heart stopped; it was Harry! He closed the door behind him and turned to face me. "Louis? Lou, are you alright?" he asked, concern evident in his voice. I shook my head, still in shock. This was the first time he had spoken to me in weeks. He sighed and almost whispered, "Do you want me to stay with you?" Before I could reply, another clap of thunder disturbed the silence and I yelped loudly. "I take that as a 'Yes'," he smiled slightly and walked over to my bed. As soon as he had crawled in, I found myself snuggling up to his warm body. He wrapped both arms around me and closed the gap between us. I rest my head on his chest and looked into his eyes. I blurted out the question that I had wanted to ask for the past few weeks. "Harry....do you love me?" He tilted his head so that he could scrutinize my whole face. He slowly nodded. "Yes, I love you as a brother. I didn't think I could return your feelings, but," he kissed my temple, "now Im not so sure." My heart did a little leap, and soon enough I felt his hand in my hair, his fingers running through my messy locks. I closed my eyes and adjusted my head on his chest; I now felt safe and protected. "One promise, Hazza?" I mumbled sleepily, eyes still closed. "Hmm?" he asked, his voice vibrating in his chest. "Don't ever leave me. Promise to protect me." He chuckled, but replied sincerely, "Of course, Lou. Forever and always." As I finally drifted off to sleep, I mumbled, "Forever and always." Little did i know that he'd never keep that promise.....