Chapter 4: The Sacrifice

We arrived in a destroyed planet, our country, I don't know where we are, but there has to be a reason why Raven brought us here.

"Where are we Raven? This is not Outworld or a place that I recognize." I asked still with my Scorpion voice.

"Yeah, it's no star field I recognize." said Starfire, while Ravem starts to finally talk.

"Somewhere my father can't see us."

"Good, now you should start talking." I ordered, but Starfire stopped me.

"A little bit of more respect will ya? Let's hear it Raven."

"There's so much. I guess it starts with my mom." Raven starts to tell her past to the team.

"She was young, rebellious and gullible. Of course, she wound up in a cult. Anyway, they decided to do the classic bride of Satan rite. And guess who got to be the lucky bride? I doubt anyone expected it to work, but the ancient ceremony turned out to be the real thing. So, Mom, with her great powers of judgment, didn't hesitate to hook up with the guy who emerged from the smoke."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait. So, your mom did it with Satan?" interrupted Garfield.

"His name is Trigon, but basically yes."

"But they totally-" I punched Garfield knocking him before he went to far.

"Keep going!" I said while Raven keeps talking.

"It gets weirder. Mom fled the cult and was on the run with nowhere to go, when she gets saved by these people from another dimension. The people of Azarath. A realm of beauty, peace and tranquility where, needless to say, I did not fit in. And I must have inherited my mom's terrible judgment because I thought if I found out more about the monster who made me, I'd be able to make sense of myself. Raven... Poor Mother, poor Azarath. I became its Trojan horse. He took me to his hellish universe. I could hardly bear the horrors I saw there." said Raven with a little sad tone.

"Why did Trigon want you?" asked Starfire.

"He wanted Earth. He's a conqueror of worlds, but he needs a powerful conduit to open Earth to his control."

"And you being half human makes you his portal." I said with the most neutral voice ever.

"But my magic was stronger than he realized. Before he could use me, I was able to trap him inside a crystal. It should've held him. Perhaps if I had stayed there, it would have. But I wanted a home." said Raven with an even more worried and sad tone.

"Why didn't you go back to Azarath?" asked Jaime, until I realized why.

"Damn devil! She couldn't go back to Azarath, because this is Azarath!" I said it with anger while we all look around Azarath, or actually, what is left of it. We later returned to Earthrealm, right in front of The Titans tower.

"Don't worry, I'm not staying. I've got to keep moving to keep Trigon off my path." said Raven with a sad tone.

"Where will you go?" asked Starfire worried.

"It's better you not know. He's going to try to use you but don't worry, I put a protective spell on you, just in case." said Raven while none of us noticed that she threw magic to us.

"And I thought I had a bad burrito." said BB while I was about to punch him again, but I didn't. "Bad timing to talk about Mexican!" I said with my normal voice and I have taken my hoodie off but not my mask and my eyes returned to normal.

"Guess I should've gotten your permission or whatever. But I couldn't stand for him to corrupt you. You're the only friends I've ever really had. I'll... Miss you." said Raven walking away about to make a portal, but I walk and grab her wrist.