The Queen and the Bodyguard

INCOMPLETE

by: tweety-src-clt9

Chapter Three: The Queen and the Bodyguard

Harry Potter arrived at Limkrovskia, the capital of Karthegenia at five in the morning. He left London with Erik Roshka via a commercial plane at ten in the evening and the flight time was around four hours. Since Karthegenia was three hours ahead of London, they arrived at the airport before sunrise. He was tired from the trip, but he was excited. He's finally going to see Hermione and their son after all these years! They traveled one hour from the airport to Kournikov, the palace of the Kournikovas where the crown resides. Harry noticed that Karthegenia was a lot different from London. It was filled with scenic views of trees, mountains, and flowers. He learned from Erik that the country was most popular for exporting perfume, flowers, and organic cosmetic products that is why he could see fields of beautiful flowers everywhere. At fifteen minutes past six in the morning, the car they rode in arrived in front of the palace gates and Harry was in awe. Bloody Hell! Hermione really is queen! Yes, he knew that Hermione was the Queen of Karthegenia but looking at her official residence, a palace made of bricks and marble, it officially sunk into his head that the Hermione he knew at Hogwarts is totally different from the Hermione he will be seeing soon. Just like the rest of what he's seen of Karthegenia, Kournikov was surrounded by beautiful flowers everywhere.

Erik escorted him inside the palace and gave him an overview of the Kournikov. As he entered the main hall where the grand staircase was at, he noticed a lot of paintings on the walls. When he asked Erik about them, he was informed that the portraits surrounding the main hall were all the monarchs of Karthegenia, so he looked around and saw that some of the female monarchs bear a striking resemblance to Hermione, especially the most recent one, Queen Clarishka, her grandmother.

"Erik? Why is there no portrait of the reigning monarch?", he inquired. He was excited to look at Hermione's portrait. Any picture of her was something that he's always looked forward to since she left five years ago.

"Harry, per Kournikov tradition, only the former monarchs' portraits are displayed here. The reigning monarch has their portrait displayed in the throne room beside the coat of arms and the Karthegenian flag. I will be showing you the throne room soon, but you must meet Queen Antonietta first. She usually wakes up at seven in the morning and goes for her daily swim before getting ready for the day. She takes a swim at her private indoor pool at the palace, near the monarch's suite. Why don't I show you to your rooms first so that you could quickly freshen up and then I will bring you to her majesty later", Erik gestured for him to follow so he grabbed his suitcase and walked after him.

Harry was showed to a grand room with a four-poster bed and a luxurious bath. Erik explained that his room was near the wing where the reigning monarch was occupying as well as that of the Crown Prince. Harry felt pleased when he heard this, but he kept a straight face. His room was strategically located so that he could immediately rush to help Hermione and their son should any crisis arise. It was also a good spot for him to run into his family more often. When Erik left him with a promise to return in around thirty minutes, he immediately went to the bathroom to take a shower. Afterwards, he changed into a pair of jeans, a fitted white t-shirt, a black leather jacket and some black rubber shoes.

Ten minutes past seven in the morning, Erik knocked and said that it was time to meet the queen. Harry took a deep breath to calm his nerves, opened the door and followed Erik to finally meet Hermione once again. Hope she doesn't throw me out! Hope she doesn't throw me out! Hope she doesn't throw me out!