Escape? Pt. 2: Love Game

.....

We've been riding around for 10 minutes, looking for Nicole's house. When we finally hit her street, I rush to the house. The kids get out about as quick as I do, knowing that they're getting a play date with their god sister. Me? I was just looking for a reason to get out of my house & someone to spill what happened to. Walking in the door, Nicole jumped. She got up & wobbled over to me, engulfing me in a large hug.

"Hey booski! I didn't know you were coming over!" she said, bringing us to the couch.

"I didn't know either," I sighed.

"What's wrong? I mean if it's that, then I'm sorry."

"No, it's not that, it's just Jacob kept me locked up in the house almost all week & I think I'm falling for someone else. I never wanted our marriage to fall apart but I swear he's just out of control. My love for him is fading & it hurts but he's behind it all. Then I think I'm falling for my ex again," I said.

"What ex? You gotta remember that you were a good girl in high school, Maya," she said.

"You don't remember my one & only official boyfriend back then?" I asked, amazed that she forgot.

"Chresanto August," she said, smiling to herself. "If I didn't marry August, he'd be next in line because he was waaay fine," she reminisced. "Wait? He's back?! And you've fallen for him... Again? Bxtch, you're married!" she screamed.

"I know but Jacob isn't acting like we're married. I'm just a slave that's bound to him forever, I guess. But with Chres, he just rekindles my fire," I say dreamily.

"Ew," Nicole whines.

"Shut up you nasty ass freak," I scold, laughing.

"But I don't know if you should try to get with him. I mean, what if he ends up like the son of a bxtch you're married to now?" she asks.

"For one, Theresa's far from a bxtch & two, you have a point. But I don't see any harm in some harmless flirting," I said, shrugging.

"You know I love Theresa. I was just making a point, smartass. And ever since Jacob came into your life, you've been freakier than me at times so shut up with that 'harmless flirting' bullshxt," she ranted.

"Look. What happened in the last week has been crazy. I kissed Chresanto, then I have a miscarriage then we almost fxck in my house with Jacob in it. I just wanted to feel loved again because the psychotic person Jacob is now is completely heartless. Since I wasn't getting love from him, I tried to get it from someone else," I confessed.

"Baby, I don't think that I could give any good advice to you about this because what you're going through is something that I've never experienced. I hate that you had to experience this, too but you're strong & you can take whatever life gives you. But concerning Chresanto, you need to put your desire away. Right now, he's the rebound of your broken marriage & I know you wouldn't want to hurt him. Stop now while you're still ahead. Please?" she asked me.

She had a point. I don't want to get Chresanto caught up in something that would just hurt him in the long run. Thinking about it more, I decided that I'd go & confront Chresanto & tell him this myself rather than just ignore him for seemingly, no reason or explanation. I wouldn't want someone to do that to me. I was just about to tell Nicole goodbye when my phone rang. 'Papí Jay😘😍👅💦🙊👉👌🙌💁💆👫👪💏💑🙋👰💋💕❤️💛💚💙💜💍💎💌👑😂' came on my screen & I answered it carefully, hoping that he wasn't too angry with me for leaving.