Chapter 7: Answers

(Bakura's POV)

I'm starting to wake up from my sleep. I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was Rin. She was lying next to me and sleeping. She looked peaceful when she was asleep. Her hands, which were bloody, had connected them. Suddenly, I noticed that my entire upper body was hidden by bandages. ‚Was she the one who did this?'

Apparently. Someone else probably wouldn't have. I started to turn up and I looked around. We were in an oasis. The sun was slowly down. I've probably been sleeping all day.

Then I saw the whole bandage that was lying all over the ground. But not just that was there. No, even in wood bowls, water and seemingly self-made ointment. "Did she do all this? And if so, why?" They looked at her that she was completely exhausted. And yet. She had only taken care of my wounds before she went to sleep.

The fact made a warm feeling in my stomach. That was new to me. I didn't know what that was. Not less than what it should mean. I declared myself crazy.

Then I got a lot of memories. She hugged me. I was so strange about another person. Why did she do that? And she didn't have any institutions to let me go. And for a reason I didn't know, I couldn't push her away from me. Part of me said, "Don't do it. Don't push them away!" but my other side, which I was convinced that this was my normal, cold side said, "Push it away! She's making you weak! Don't let it happen!"

At that moment, when they hugged me, these two sides fought against each other. That was the first time my cold, merciless part didn't come out right now. She triggered something in me. Something I didn't know. Something that told me it could be my downfall. And yet I didn't want to leave her like that. I couldn't. I put that thought into being that it could be useful to me. But was it? Was she nothing but a tool for me?

I tried to get up. A strong pain pulled through my body immediately. I moaning in pain and I saw back to the ground. "Pathetic." I warned myself. But not enough.

Rin seemed to have awakened from the sounds. She stared at me with big eyes. They were no longer red and swollen. You could see the normal blue again.

I just looked at her. I didn't know what would come. I waited until she finally started talking.

(Rin's POV)
I heard a moaning. There was a stubborn bang on it. I opened my eyes in a powerful way and stared in the purple eyes of Bakura. He held his stomach. His face was painful. Still, he looked at me with a questionable look.

"How are you?" i asked him immediately and looked at him.
"Could be better." He returned cold.
Then silence was, which Bakura tried to interrupt.
"Did you take care of my wounds?" he asked me and pointed to the things that were on the ground. I saw moving and scratching my neck.
"Yes, I did. I didn't want them to ignite." I said honestly and looked at him again.
"Why?" he asked dry.
"He asked that seriously?" "Well, because you could die from the infections. I wanted to avoid that." I explained him without understanding. Then he asked again.
"Why?"
I pulled my eyebrows together. Isn't that obvious?" But it was a legitimate question somewhere. "That's clear. I wanted to...' I broke off. Yeah, what did I want? Why didn't I want him to die? Somewhere deep down, I could think it. But I rejected the thought immediately.
'Yeah?' he kept looking. That was my nerve. I've been shaking my arms in front of my chest.
"This isn't important right now?" i said cynical. But he just didn't want to stop asking.
"Why were your hands bloody. Why did you cry? Why did you seem to be awake all night? Why did you hug me? Why did you take care of me first than yourself? Why didn't you just leave when I went into the shrine? Why didn't you just run away? Why did you stay there? And what was your fault?" he asked so many questions that I didn't come right. But I didn't get confused with it. I took the truth from him. Lies didn't bring anything.